Sunday, July 8, 2018

The Queen of UnFinished Art Projects

Hello! Allow me to introduce myself: Aimeslee, the Queen of Unfinished Art Projects, or UFAP for short. That's Queen UFAP to you. ;-) heehee

I know some of y'all do something like this: I see little bits and bobs that would make something cuuuute and toss them in a paper boat (like what they serve nachos or hot dogs in, we buy them in bulk like paper plates) or a shoebox lid. Pretty soon, I have 141,000 UFAPS stacked up, each in their own little tray, and not one completed. Well, I declared war on that this past week. I took a picture of each of them just to rub it in. More on that later, but when you see Spring stuff here in Summer along with Christmas cards and New Years decorations, don't panic. It's just me finishing UFAPS and catching up. 

The bits for this card were made last year or the year before when I made another one somewhat like this, and they were hanging in a baggie over my playroom tv. As best I can remember, the background was Leave Memories sunflowers stamped with Stazon on glossy card stock, then embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, then the raised honeycombs were swiped with a darker color of Stazon. The bee is a Deep Red stamp that I colored with my old Zig Writers and gel pens and fussy cut. The sentiment is a mash-up from 2 Lawn Fawn sets and the little sunflowers are more Leave Memories stamps. Flowers and brads and the brown hexagonal shapes were from my stash.

Same for the back, except that Cuttlebug folder came with an embossing strip that I used to mat the back credits.

Challenges I'm entering my Bee Happy birthday card in:

One and Done! Next!

A Home decoration ATC for Spring I never finished. Technique Junkie Clock Woman stamp, Technique Tuesday border stamp, Hobby Lobby word stamps, a Distress-inked background, a few flower stickers and one secured to the bell hat with a stash brad. 

The back of the ATC has more Spring flowers and a butterfly (still using those old calendar cut-outs from 10 years ago). Sentiment is Artistic Outpost. The background is a layer of distress ink, then Tim's Leafy stencil in green, then Tim's Roses stencil in red distress ink. Black distress ink around the edges just for grins.

Challenges I'm entering my Spring Time ATC in:

Two and Done! Next!

A Spring mailbox tag for my little art corner Tim Carrousel with the ATC. Sat in a paper boat for months, which is really sad because those colors! Some of my faves. I had colored some Autumn Leaves stamped flowers with gelpens many moons ago, so I fussy cut a few out, added an old Pennywise Arts collage sheet image of flowers, Copic-colored the sky, added a strip of red card stock to hold a calendar cut-out of a birdhouse, and tied up some ribbons bits for the topper.

On the back, I began with a bit lighter Copic-colored sky to which I stenciled with a Crafters Workshop stencil in a darker shade of distress ink like the sky on front. Added some more Autumn Leaves stamped and gelpenned flowers and a couple of calender cut-out dragonflies, a few sequins and a few flower stickers. 

My Spring Mailbox / Bugs tag is entered into these challenges:

And...Three and Done! I'm so digging the challenges right now. They are really helping Queen UFAP rule smarter, wouldn't you say? LOLOL winkwink

That's all for me now, but I have a few more finishes to share tomorrow. Hopefully, I'm on a roll! Have a great week and make some great art. xoxo













No comments: