Thursday, July 12, 2018

Happy Early Weekend!

Hello, lovely blog friends! My Honey usually has Fridays off from work, so Thursdays mean weekend's here. I have 3 cards to share today.

1. A red, white and blue birthday card. I simply could not take a photo of this card that showed the blue of the paper or the little flowers. The camera sees only grey, I guess. It IS a grayish blue, but geez. I used Spellbinders A7 Heirloom Legacy dies for this, a Verve Visuals stamped sentiment and I built little bradded flowers from my Black Hole of Stash.

Challenges I'm participating in with this card:

2. A Christmas card with an inked technique background. I did the Distressed Glue technique from Technique Junkies. I sponged on 2 shades of blue distress inks. Then I dabbed the card liberally with white PVA glue and moved it around with my fingers, let it dry, then applied a 3rd darker distress ink color. It's a pretty cool technique! I stamped TJ's Draped Christmas stamp in Brilliance Galaxy Gold heat-embossed Delicata Gold pigment ink on my background, added some little stick-on pearls and TJ's Believe sentiment heat-embossed in white. But I couldn't stop there...
...because believe it or not, I couldn't find the right shade of blue in my vault of paper, so I had to McGyver one for the back of the card. I had a blue piece of pretty blah Christmas patterned paper that I heat-embossed gold and white snowflakes on, and now the paper *blends* in with the front piece. (LOVE how it turned out!) and added to the back. The credits stamp flaked on me when I tried to heat-emboss it in white (it might have been the Hero Arts white pigment ink, which kind of ticks me off, their ep is killer), so I pulled out my white Posca pen and white Signo pen and just wrote right over that embossing powder. Take that! Ha! Such is my life - another screw-up narrowly avoided. Now I could have just turned the paper strip over and begun again, but I'm no quitter! heehee

A few more shots to show you what this technique looks like...

And here. I did one other card and will post that in a couple of days. It also has a near-fatal story because hey, that's just how I seem to roll. ;-) 

Challenges I am participating in with this card:

3. And finally, this minty fresh card. Yup, got way too carried away with the peppermint thang, but that's what Christmas is for, right? The front background is a Technique Junkies background stamp called Peppermint Swirl. I used Memento Luxe Love Letter red to stamp and clear heat-embossed it. I slapped that on a mat of Basic Grey Fruitcake paper and then used a Sweet and Sassy sentiment on a Spellbinders Fancy Tags #3. I Stickled around the tag, added two rows of satiny peppermint ribbon and a few Impression Obsession Peppermint Block stamp + die cuts. Some glittery ric-a- rac got 'er done. Good thing, I was entering a sugar coma!

A little rear view to show how I used the Basic Grey and a Spellbinders Fancy Tag #2 die cut on the back.

Challenges I am participating in with this card:

Enough for now. More tomorrow. Have fun making art if you can! xoxo

No comments: