Friday, July 13, 2018

Bottlecaps and Birthdays


Hello again and thanks for visiting me today. I have a few UFAPs (Unfinished Art Projects) done I'd like to share with you. I'm taking a quick break today from Christmas in July, but I'm working hard on my next few holiday cards.
__________________________________________
1. Here is a ScriptureDex Rolo using an old challenge theme of Bottlecaps that I'd skipped at Think Monday, Think ATCs. I have many real bottlecaps but did not want to bulk up my ScriptureDex so I used some old Leave Memories bottlecap stamps that I had. I glued circles of women's faces from Collage Stuff collage sheet images that I punched out. The phrases are Rubber Soul stamps. I printed out the Biblical quote Song of Songs 4:7. The backgrounds were made with stencils, distress inks, ArtBar crayons and paint. 

When I stamped the bottlecaps, I heat-embossed various ones with some Seth Apter chunk rust and rocky road embossing powder mixed with some fine gold ep. Just playing around, but it gave an interesting look to them. This front background was painted, then stenciled with ink.

On the back, I painted it as I did the front, then stenciled with titan buff paint, then rubbed in some blue crayon in spots to define the stenciled feathers a bit with shadows. I chose real-looking women for the bottlecap centers on purpose because the Bible lesson the verse refers to is all the more powerful when we realize God is instructing all men in the ways of sensitivity, compassion and support towards their wives. 
_____________________________________________

2. Next up, I have a birthday card that I made largely from bits and bobs and scraps from other projects, just waiting patiently for me to assemble. A child in a summer garden with butterflies qualifies this card for 3 challenges. That images and sentiment are all from Free Vintage Digi Stamps collage sheets. The butterflies are from a B-Muse collage sheet. The mat that the girl image is on was stamped (Starving Artistamps) and heat-embossed. Feminine, vintage and collage-y.

Challenges I am participating in with this card:
__________________________________________________

3.  Yesterday I shared a card using all of the same materials, with a different sentiment from the same stamp set. I wanted to enter the same challenge with this card, so I am sharing it separately. I love how these Spellbinders die sets can be used on very elaborate cards and also on simple clean cards, too. I think the detail in the dies is the reason. Gives you a quick card that looks nice. I am once again entering Eclectic Ellapu's July Challenge - Red, White and Blue and Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #169 - Red, White and Blue with this card.

Hopefully I will be back tomorrow with another Christmas card using the Distressed Glue technique that I am trying to finish. I have a small UFAP inventory building of Christmas cards, a few birthday cards and a few Rolos. Otherwise, I have made a real dent in my UFAPS - yay! Fingers crossed it stays that way! Have an arty-licious day! xoxo








No comments: