Sunday, June 17, 2018

Fathers Day Cards

Happy Father's Day! 
I feel particularly blessed on this day. I not only have a wonderful father still in my life, but I'm also happily married to the awesome father of our daughter. In both situations, I experienced firsthand the power of a great father. 

I made this card for my 91-yr old Dad. Technique Junkies Tropics Background stamp and 
Avery Elle's The Man stamp set (retired). 

I began by stamping the Tropics background stamp on my stamping platform in black pigment ink so I could heat emboss. But I couldn't get enough coverage with that ink so I switched to Versafine, which was better. But after I'd heat-embossed, I still saw white spots where the ink had never made contact. What to do? Well, I got out my Mars black acrylic paint and filled them in! It has a bit of a glossy finish so even better. I will remember this in the future, because sometimes, not even these stamping platforms can perform miracles. I used a brush to paint on Distress Inks.

Fashionable Stamping Challenge #136 is Seaside, so I am joining in with the above card.

My second card was for my Honey. I had an extra background I'd made using the Herringbone weave technique. And I wanted to use the caffeine couple from I Brake For Stamp's Halfsheet 046 Seniors . I used the man on the outside and his wife on the inside of the card. I need to warn you, the inside is a bit X-rated racey, so swallow your coffee first. heehee

Here's the inside. Now, Honey made me censure one word. It's a compound word. Use your context clues if you have to know what it is. I went with raunchy and Honey being a guy absolutely loved it. He and I are still pretty frisky in our old age and we both cherish it. My new motto is "If Not Now, When?" Haha, my second childhood may be upon me!

Try It On Tuesday 's theme is For the Boys, so I am participating with this card. 

And the theme at Country View Challenges is The Written Word (Add Text in Some Form), so I am participating here, too, inside and out on this card, heehee.

Well, that's all I've got for now. Hope everyone has a great day and week! Thanks so much for dropping by for a visit and checking out what I share. xoxo




No comments: