Saturday, June 16, 2018

Hope is the thing with Feathers

Hello, blog friends!!

It's been a month since my last post and I don't have that much to show for it in finished art pieces, but I wanted to share this ScriptureDex Rolo. I'm slowly working to catch up with the challenge themes I have missed on Think Monday, Think ATC. This one is for the Feather theme from the week of May 14.

You know how the Rolodex cards are pretty flimsy? I like them that way sometimes, but other times I crave a more textured thick surface, so I collaged a few with papers and then layered on some acrylic paint.

Always been wary of stamping in ink on paint, but I Googled for it and apparently, Ranger Archival Inks work nicely on paint. So I used 3 stamps from Artistic Outpost's Birds of a Feather set for the front side of this Rolo, stamped with Archival Potting Soil and Majestic Violet. I used a text stamp from the AO Bluebird stamp set for the background, in Archival Sky Blue ink.

On the back I repeated the text stamp background and stamped a window from the AO Windows and Doors set in Potting Soil ink. 

Then I used my wax colored pencils to color in the robin and stamped this Emily Dickinson quote to add. I searched my stamp files and cannot remember who makes it, sorry. This always bothers me this happens, as my carefully-thought-out stamp system proves not to be perfect. 

Colored the back side, too. The soul quote is an AO stamp from the Windows set, and the Sandburg quote is a stamp that was gifted to me out of the package and I never knew who made it.

I got out my bits and bobs from other projects box and rooted out some leftover stems and leaves to add to the sides. Outlined with my epic Carbon fountain pen. These Rolos are such a small workspace and when I try to decorate in any detail just to have a good bit of it covered up by text, it's a little sad for me. I wanted to share what is underneath, so I thank you for bearing with me.

Well, like I said before, I don't have much else finished. I have project piles that I've been planning and gathering to. And I've spent a lot of the last month working on pieces, so I should have more stuff to share soon. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and finds time to get arty!

No comments: