Sunday, April 15, 2018

Affirmation and Asian

Greetings, y'all! Thanks for stopping by. Hope everyone is getting some decent weather and having a good day. Down here on the Texas Third Coast, we are chilly and sunny today. And calm, which is a good segue way to my first share, a ScriptureDex Rolo made for Think Monday Think ATC's ASIAN theme . For the front, I used Technique Junkies Asian Landscape stamp and colored it with my Faber-Castell PITT Artist's Pens and some white Posca Paint Pen for the moon. For the back, I used Technique Junkies Budding Branches Panel stamp and colored with my PITT pens.

This next share is another 4x6" Affirmation card made to remember how much I love my friends. For the design, I used the sketch in Technique Junkies Monthly Challenge as inspiration. My background was made by sponging distress ink colors and stamping over that with TJ's Sewing Pattern background stamp. Other stamps I used were a Stampendous Good Friends stamps and a Tin Can Mail BFF stamp for the focal point. I used Copics to color. I added some bling with various shaped little glass jewels and an old red hat society charm on a Making Memories tag, and more of my mom's old lace. The 3 friends reminded me of a wonderful Spring Break trip I took with 2 other girlfriends during my senior year in college, so I added the year 1978 to the tag.

I used an overall split-complimentary color scheme of jewel tones of purple, red and yellow-green on my affirmation card. I am entering this card into the following challenges:




That's it for me! Thanks again for looking at my art shares, and I hope everyone has a great week!


No comments: