Monday, April 16, 2018

Rusty Masculine Vintage

Hello there! I'm popping in to share this rusty masculine vintage card today.

My hubby (aka Honey) turned 66 years old Saturday and I made this birthday card for him. I have 5 Route 66 sign stamps from various stamp sets (although I ended up using only the one from Artistic Outpost) and immediately thought of them, so a vintage car theme was born. 

I used a great big Dee Gruenig tag that is older than dirt to stamp the front images on and this really cool rusty paper from Colorbok's Mixed Media 12x12 paper pad. I sponged the white tag with Antique Linen distress ink to age it to match the paper.

I cut the paper in such a way that it wrapped around the card base as almost one piece. I loved how grungy, rusty and crusty it looks, perfect for A Vintage Journey's Rusty & Crusty monthly challenge. The cars stamps are all from I Brake for Stamps, and the front sentiments stamps are from Stamplorations and Neat & Tangled. I used Copics to color the cars.

Inside, I distressed the edges with Brushed Corduroy distress ink, stenciled some tracks using Tim's Treads stencil and stamped some sayings and car-related images and birthday sentiments from Artistic Outpost, Papertrey Ink, IBFS, Fiskars, Stamplorations and Avery Elle.

Honey really loved his card. I thought he would go for the cars but his favorite thing was the paper. He kept running his fingers over it as if wanting to feel the rust and ridges which of course are not there and just a very good optical illusion. He had asked me to find him a bottle of old-skool Brut cologne (my favorite man smell), which I found at Walgreens for $8 and it smells just as great as I remember. I baked him a Cherry Crumble pie in lieu of a cake, and he was a happy birthday boy.

I am entering my card into these challenges:



Thanks for visiting and see you tomorrow, as I will have a special Guest Designer post for Try It On Tuesday. xoxo





No comments: