Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Tag Back Love and a Post Card

Hidee Ho global neighbor! Do you recall the St. Patty tag I shared on Monday? Well, on Tuesday I made this very simple little vintage-y collage for the back of that tag. I am making the tags to hang on a small metal tree but I'm forgetting that I'd wanted the fronts AND the backs to be decorated. So, I chose elements I could tape on without applying too much pressure as the front of this tag has all those rhinestones. Sentiment stamp by North Coast Creations, on a Spellbinders Nestability and collage sheet image by Retro CafĂ© Art. I hope as I create more tags for my tree, I will remember to decorate both sides and plan for that accordingly! 

Sunday Post Card Art's theme last week was Air Mail and I'd planned to make an Affirmation Card about sharing more of my art through Snail Mail, but I had only just begun my creation when the deadline passed. So I was delighted to see this week's theme was Bingo. I revised the correspondence side to add a bingo card - and Air Mail Bingo was born. Always nice to run across a near-perfect theme mash-up, hehe.

I began with water color paper adhered to chipboard and both sides gesso'd in a black rough texture by applying with a palette knife. This gave me a good surface upon which to adhere some Tim Holtz postal tissue wrap.

Ever heard of acrylic iridescent medium? I wanted to lighten the look up just slightly, so I used this as a top coat to the tissue wrap. I'd mistakenly bought this a while back thinking it was for water colors. Now that I've given it a try, I see a future of painting with my Pearl-Ex and Perfect Pearls mica powders mixed into this. It's cool stuff.

Another cool thing was experimenting with cream gel eye shadow as a colorant. I'd bought this Maybelline Color Tattoo Eye Chrome and found it just too dark for me, so what the heck? And it's perfectly useable as an art supply. I had a brief window of time to smudge it in and out with my finger after applying it with the sponge wand, as it is a permanent gel when dry. And it is a decent time-worn grungy look, which is what I was going for with this piece.
I used a post card background stamp that I can no longer remember who made and heat-embossed it with Ranger red ep. I made some use of my washi tapes and stamped the Mail Art with my Pin Persimmon small Carnival Font alphas in Stazon (and was surprised that it took me 3-4 repeat impressions to get it even that dark). I fussy-cut a Technique Junkies/Stamp Camp bingo card stamp and some flowers from an old Inka collage sheet. Rooted in my postage stamps and found this one with roses. I am linking up this Affirmation artist post card to the following challenges:


I hope your week has included a little art time! Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: