Monday, February 19, 2018

A Tag for St. Patty and Tag Tuesday

Happy Monday once again! Time is just flying. I'm landing here for a bit to share my tag.


I'm linking it up to Tag Tuesday: Use a Quote/Saying . This is my first official St. Patty's metal tree decoration for my little art corner. I've decided to merge St. Patty's, Spring and Easter decorations all into one, so you may catch me creating between the 3 in the coming weeks. 

I die cut the tag with, believe it or not, a Zip E Cut wood steel rule die from last century, haha. Still works awesome. Ran it through my Big Shot. My card stock is Michael's Recollections 110# and it cut like butter, yet it's too thick/stiff to feed through my LaserJet. So, finally found a good use for it. Forever after it shall be called Tag Stock! haha

I used my reject inks from my Use It Up box to color the background on both sides. I then sprayed the surface, front and back, with Smooch Gold Glow Shimmer Spritz. I stamped the sentiment and frame, heat embossed, and then cut a topper and laid it down over some coordinating ribbon and rhinestones. Crinkled ribbon on top and I was done. Stamps used are by North Coast Creations.

The shimmer is so pretty in real life. I will definitely be Spritzing a lot more in the future. I've been putting off playing with all my sprays dreading rinsing out the nozzles when I'm done, but it wasn't so bad and I can sleep knowing my Spritz isn't clogging in the night, haha. (Seriously, I cannot just let those bottles sit after I've played. I have to rinse the nozzle, just like I have to go outside and spray my sealer or fixative upside down after using.)

When I began this tag, I gathered up all my Irish stuff and then Googled what official SPD colors were. Well, I never realized that there was a bit of a controversy about using orange, as it signifies English Protestants. However, it's apparently okay now to include it. So I went with a melon-y orange and also the gold. 

I did cut another shape of Zip E Cut tag with the same ink treatment, but I am still working out the layout. But it's gonna have a Celtic spin. Stay tuned... and have a great time whatever you're up to! Thanks for including me in your busy lives! 






No comments: