Friday, February 23, 2018

Mementos and Alphas

TGIF, everyone! Hope your week was artylicious. The theme this week at Think Monday Think ATC has been Castles and since I am trying to add to my ScriptureDex I made a Rolo using Psalm 18:2 which refers to a fortress or castle.

I have a handful of castle stamps but chose this Art Kure stamp of Penshurst, Kent, UK. There is a church there which was an actual castle back in the ancient day and the surrounding village reminds me of a community fortress. I was in the coloring mood so my alcohol markers got a workout. I have Copics, Promarkers and Spectrum Noirs.

Here is the actual village almost from the same viewpoint of the sketch artist who designed the rubber stamp. My coloring was a bit bolder - artistic license! haha


A shot of the front of it on the Dex - I added the text in my handwriting and 2 gold Victorian scrap photo corners.

And the back of the Rolo. I printed out the verse from PSE sized to a Rolo. Added some washi tape corners and called it done since I had a cool abstract background thanks to the alcohol marker bleed-thru.

I am linking up this Rolo to the following challenges:



Love to Scrap Challenge #106: I LOVE YOU  (stamped and I love Bible verses)




I also finished another decoration tag AND on both sides this time, yay! The celtic knot is a Dezinaworld digital image that I colored with Copics. The alpha stamps are Stamp Magick. I punched the letters and framed in black to connect with the black outline of the knot. To give the tag base a little texture and interest I stamped backgrounds from Clear Dollar Stamps and Lawn Fawn in lighter colored inks.

The back of the tag includes paper and washi tape, a cigar label and collage sheet images from Free Vintage Digi Stamps that I'd printed out and never used a few years back. I fussy cut the gentlemen as he looked like he was saying the words on the other image. I finished the tag top with crinkled ribbon.

I am linking up my tag to the following challenge:





You are always appreciated for stopping by. I love to have visitors, especially for a little chat. Wishing you peace, love and art!  xoxo

No comments: