Sunday, February 25, 2018

Grungy Spring Moon Tag -- with Quotes!

Happy Sunday, Everyone! I'm sharing a tag today that I decorated on both sides to hang on my metal tree in my little art corner. I used a tag I had previously sprayed with Dylusions inks on one side to get a grunge look and painted the other side with navy blue acrylic craft paint (still trying to use up all of my ancient Making Memories scrapbooking paints, can you believe?) I fussy cut a couple of collage sheet images from Gecko Galz and Free Vintage Digi Stamps for the siren and the moon, a Google-searched earth pic, and some leftover bits from a Papertrey Dangled Stars die.

 
I wanted some text and searched for a while online, but nothing spoke to me, so I ended up writing my own! Yup, I'm "Me" lol. And I love how the GG image of the strumming siren has the little bunny rabbit in it. Nature's Siren = Love/Sex/ Procreation, and you know the old saying about multiplying like rabbits, right? HAHAHA. I didn't even notice this until I'd finished, so bonus serendipity!!! The bunny is her little assistant, hehe.

The flip side of my tag has some Smooch Gold Glow Shimmer spray and more bits from the Papertrey die for the stars, an old Collage Stuff transparency of a grungy moon girl, and 2 plastic planets that I colored with Copics. I used Sinatra's song lyrics for the text. Jupiter is the orange planet and Mars is the red planet. The tag base was originally white-gessoed, and I glued on the transparency with Diamond Glaze before painting the rest of tag blue, then cut a mask to cover it when I sprayed the shimmer. Those planets are from a huge set of small glow-in-the-dark solar objects I had bought my daughter years ago from Oriental Trading to adhere to her bedroom ceiling (and it was a STELLAR sight to behold for many years). When I took them down, I saved them, so I have a TON of little planetary and sky objects. And they are very light, so all these needed were some glue dots. 

I am linking up both sides of my moon tag to the following challenges:






Well, that's it for me today. Hope everyone has a blessed and artful week, and thank you for visiting me!!! HUGZ!!!








No comments: