Sunday, February 11, 2018

Retro Love Valentine



Hello again! Are you in a Love coma yet? I'm just feeling warmed up! But alas, it will be on to the next holiday or theme. If I could just start earlier...and work faster. I'm now down to the 2 most important cards and this is the first one, for our daughter and son-in-love. I have also warmed up to the 50's retro images and decided to play with them here.

The starting point of this card: those white metal over-sized letters. I long ago forgot who made them (Doodlebug???? KI Memories????) but when I spied this challenge photo


I remembered those letters and I knew I needed to play. The focal image is from Gecko Galz Retro Story collage sheet, fussy cut and on top of a round paper doily. The two vertical rows of pink heart ribbon - I'm finally near the end of using it all up, after years. It is nice woven ribbon, there is just only so much one can do with vertical ribbon that colorful and bold. Note to File: typing just gave me an idea: right now make card fronts that use it as the background, like 3-5 rows. As many as I need to use it all up. This time, even combine the two colors. Why not? Otherwise, it's likely to still be hanging around 3 years from now.


And yes, I hang stuff everywhere, haha. Those were the ribbons I'd pulled for Valentines. Doesn't everyone hang ribbon on their iron apple tree? In their formal dining room where they've commandeered the table because the light is better or the art room table is too messy or the paper cutter is set up there and you said why walk 20 feet? hahaha



I always do a mock-up of every card before I glue down. And I take a photo. Thought I'd show you the mock-up photo of this card. I think my changes were for the better. I decided to fussy cut the image after seeing this and it makes all the difference. Also the chipboard corners look better on the bottom. Rotating the couple in order for the cut image to mimic the doily better forced me to put the letters higher up, or at least the V. Still, better choice IMO. I love how taking process shots can be so helpful and instructive, almost objective if we are willing to look and listen.


The inside of the card has another image from the same collage sheet. I randomly placed old Chatterbox word stickers down and a couple of matching hearts from my stash. Pretty proud of the left hand collage I made. I think it has a 50's retro feel. I stamped the signature page in the wrong color of pink and the corners are not retro. Well, half great and all good. lol



The back was an experiment in using up bits n bobs. The half circle was a doily leftover from another project that was too wide for the card, so I cut the outside of it and made a new design, little more modern. 

I am working now on my final Valentine (Honey's) and I have a new glue book page finished but I'll share that tomorrow and Honey's card when I finish, let's just say on Valentine's Day Eve. I also need to get my photos in order to tell my story of altering and repairing my gluebook cover. 

Meanwhile, I am linking up this card to the following challenges:

Thank you again for visiting and having a look see and for comments thank you once more! Hope your Sunday includes a little art. I hope mine will. 

No comments: