Monday, February 5, 2018

More Challenge Cards

 Hello Friends! Hope you survived Monday. I'm sharing the Valentine card I made from my Secret Garden post card. I added some flower lace ribbon and chipboard photo corners to the front. The background is stamped flowers in black, and all the colored flowers are stamped, fussy cut and colored, as is the art deco bead trim border up top peeking out from under the lace, as is the Secret Garden sentiment.

And then another Gecko Galz image from The Regency Life collage sheet inside with some sentiment stamping. Love that Jane Austen quote. I am linking this Valentine card up to the Fashionable Stamping Anything Goes Challenge #131 , and to LTSCB #106 - I Love You!

I am still making Happy New Year cards because the year is still new and come on, everybody knows I'm slow haha. This is for a girlfriend who loves purple almost as much as I do. I inked up a paper doily on my craft sheet with successive swipes of Milled Lavender, Shaded Lilac and Dusty Concord Distress inks. Stuck a white doily behind it for contrast. Die cut a Nestabilities with SEI Couture paper. Dug up some dark purple card stock scraps and used them to matt my images from an old calendar (sand clock), Gecko Galz Ring In the New Year collage sheet and Vintage Holiday Crafts. Some ribbon and lace and sequins from my stash, and the front is done.

 Inside are images from Gecko Galz August 2016 monthly sheet and Ring in the New Year collage sheet, also a little collage card from Funky & Frilly and the sentiment poem from Collage Play with Crowabout Week #106 sheet. (The Auld Lang Sine image on the front is from this Crowabout sheet as well). I took the inkpads that went color-wise from my Use It Up box and went to town coloring the inside matts. That's why they don't exactly match but oh well. When one inkpad gave out, I just found a new one. There's another Nestie die cut on top behind the images. The bottom images are off center a bit as I'm going to write Happy New Home sideways down along them.

 For the back of the card I made a little arrangement by die cutting my leftover SEI scraps and then finally using my very old Valentine faux postage stamps. I've been keeping them for years - why? Who knows? I finally snapped they'd be good on my card backs.

I will link up this purple card to the following challenges:
Gecko Galz Facebook Touch of Green Color Challenge - just enough green to compliment the purples gorgeously, I think!
Take a Word Challenge - TIME - There are 2 timepieces on this card, a sand clock/timer and a clock face. And the theme of the card is the passage of time, a new year.
LTCCB #19 - February Anything Goes
Country View Challenges - February Anything But Cute


And here is a ScriptureDex Rolo I've done for Psalm 46:10a - "Be still and know that I am God." I began by watercoloring the rolodex card with 3 different strengths of black (full strength, a bit diluted and half diluted - which produces 3 shades of black). I did the Technique Junkies technique called Splattered Ombre' - a band of each strength of color, then letting them pool and merge, then splattering on some rubbing alcohol with a q-tip. I rooted around and found all my copper colored colorants (not many). Stamped the top of the card with VersaMark and brushed on Copper Perfect Pearls. Made marks on the card and around the border with a copper leafing pen. Stamped the sentiment on torn deli paper with copper Brilliance. Stamps used: Inkadinkado and Sweet and Sassy.

I love how the watercolor technique came out looking like the nothing-ness of deep space. The alcohol splots look like little planets. This Rolo is very hard to read, though, and even harder to snap a decent photo of. We won't say how many shots it took. :-)

I am linking this Rolo up to the following challenges:
TMTA - Black + Copper
Technique Junkies Splattered Ombre' Challenge - I've won this the last two times, so while I still want to participate, I did the technique but did not use any TJ stamps on purpose so that disqualifies me from winning.
Fashionable Stamping Challenge #131 - Anything Goes - I have stamped the border and sentiment.

Well, thanks for reading to the end of this. That does it for now. I thank you for visiting and for the comments you leave me. Have a great week!



No comments: