Saturday, January 27, 2018

Courtly Love in a Secret Garden

Can you imagine what it was like back in that day to be courted and go on leisurely walks in a garden discussing your lives and dreams? I often wish times could even be like that again (if I were single, of course, winkwink). I don't think I'm alone. All things Jane Austen aren't hot on the block for nothing!

I took my chance to indulge that longing when Sunday Post Card Art's theme was announced as Secret Garden. I knew I could find a gorgeously appropriate collage image from my many Gecko Galz collage sheets and I did. And since GG's blog challenge theme is Courtly Love, that's a two-fer.

I chose the couple walking in the garden from GG's The Regency Life sheet. I wanted to use this Hero Arts stamp Everything Flowers for the background.

I stamped in black ink and heat-embossed the whole white 4x6 card. I used my Tim Holtz Tonic Stamp Positioner for the first time and it's very nice, got a really good ink coverage. 

Then, I noticed that I have flower stamps a lot like the ones on the background stamp, so that gave me the idea to stamp those and fuzzy cut out and color. Okay, THAT took forever, lol, but I really like the effect. I also stamped, colored and cut the top border using a Deep Red Stamp Vintage Lace stamp. Then I put some vintage lace on it, lol. I'd used double-sided tape so that meant time for some glitter in the holes of the lace. 


 A shot trying to show the heat embossing on the flowers...

 And another... Also, the words are stamps from my beloved and very old Leave Memories stamp set, Monet's Garden: 
This set has some very lovely Monet quotes as well.

And a close up of the lovely courters from Gecko Galz.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:


I know I said I'd have a Valentine's card this time, but I busted my chops to get this post card done because Honey and I are going to a very big company gala in Houston tonite at the Four Seasons Hotel and we get to spend the night! I've never stayed in a five-star hotel before so I'm excited. We'll be back Sunday and then I'll be turning this post card into a 5x7 Valentine card. Stay tuned for that and have a great weekend!











No comments: