Friday, January 26, 2018

Fun with Cigar Bands

The theme this week over at Think Monday, Think ATC is cigar bands, so I made ROLO's for my ScriptureDex. Cigars in the Bible? Well, not exactly - I actually googled. I gave up on any literal connections this time and went for decorative and actually came up with some good backgrounds and focal points.

Since My husband aka Honey smokes cigars, I am awash in bands and boxes, both wooden and chipboard. And I've altered a humidor with bands, plus made several atcs and cards as well. But I always have to sort them first and that turns me off, makes me tired, cross-eyed and grouchy. I was reminded of that this time but I persevered.

See the lower band? Look at the cool pattern design on it. That's what I used on the 1 Peter verse. I had several of these so I papered the ROLO, then just added the verse and some sequins.

 This is the back. I stamped a background (stamp is an ancient Starving Artistamp) and added a couple of Kinky Friedman Utopians and a Fusion. They struck me as going together somehow and I went with it.

1 Peter on the Dex. Pretty, huh?

 Next up is the intentionally ugly one, 1 Thessalonians. The background looks like actual cigar bands but it's really a roll of sticker tape. When I saw that Gurka EVIL band, I knew my verse would be Pray Without Ceasing, which I stamped multiple times right on it, then heat embossed it grunge-style. I did not want this ROLO to be pretty, for EVIL is always ugly, even when disguised. 

However, I got some beauty in on the backside. Another Karma Mash-up the minute I spied it while sorting. Urban Beauty. I stamped the background for this side using Technique Junkies' Cityscape stamp. A little Copic color here and there. Done. And quite handsome I think.

For the last ROLO, Deuteronomy 31:6, it talks about having strength and courage. And what better illustrates that than the Ave Maria Knight? Spied it and only needed one. I made a stamped and heat-embossed background especially for it. Another older than dirt stamp, this time from Cornish Heritage Farms, Fine Finials. The yellow-gold is Smooch ink applied afterward.

 For the back, I used Hogs Head Torado bands. It was almost like experiencing a miracle when I discovered that 4 of them fit perfectly when placed going sideways. I mean perfectly! And then, found this Big Pig band as well! Hahahaha

Ave Maria on the Dex - my first protruding one. The ice is now broken. We shall see if I get jiggy with stuff hanging over or out now. I am pretty anal, so I'm not even placing a bet lol.

I made all 3 ROLOs for the Band theme at TMTA.

That's it for now. I'll have my first Valentine card next time...





















No comments: