Thursday, December 14, 2017

Cup of Cocoa ATC


Greetings!! I appreciate your visit and hope you are managing to relax and breathe at this busy time of the year. 

Today I am sharing an artist trading card (ATC) I created by using Sweet n Sassy Stamps Cup of Cocoa clear stamp set. Apparently it's only sold as a digital stamp now so that's where the link takes you. 

After stamping with black VersaFine ink, I colored the background and Cocoa's pink ears with Copics. The Copic made my sentiment run a tad and fuzz up a little, but that is what I get for forgetting that Ranger Archival or Memento or pigment ink + heat embossing is better for Copics. 

I used my ancient-yet-still-juicy Zig Writers to color the rest, as I knew these played well with the VersaFine. I swear, the Zigs are at least 13 years old! Then I colored the snowflakes and edgings of the cup with my Permapaque Silver and Gold markers, and added further sparkle to it with a top coat of Sakura gold gel pen. 

The top left hand corner looked too bare for me, so I went to my snowflake stamps and found one that fit when I stamped it twice in VersaColor White + White embossing powder. I have all of my snowflake stamps stored together so I could not possible tell you anymore who made it, but it sure does emboss up well. That added some shine. In the light, the card is quite sparkly and eye-catching. 

Don't know quite yet what I will do with it - a card topper, home decoration for me, but it will get used.

I am entering this ATC in the following challenges that I am happy to participate in - I'm needing the kick to create right now ;-) :





In song lyrics art journaling department, I am getting more excited! Of the 20 songs I voted for in the Dutch Top2000 that Marit hosts an art journal party in conjunction with, 16 are in for 2017! I chose them because I wanted their lyrics in my Little Book of Wisdom art journal and now I can begin! Feels like a Christmas present! AND on top of that, my beloved Kelly Kilmer is teaching a very cool 2018 online artist study class using her old skool way of scrubbed painting and collage. I signed up the second I found out. I learned how to do her layered paint background back in 2009 in my first class with her, so why would I pay for more? To have her as a teacher again, for one thing. And also, an artist study sounds cool. I have been wanting to learn abstract acrylic painting, so I think I will study the work of Jo Toye. I love just about everything of hers I see and I have her book and it is awesome. So, 2 wonderful presents for me!

Until next time real soon!

No comments: