Sunday, December 10, 2017

Who's At The Door?



Hello everyone! I am popping in again to share these 2 artist trading cards that I created for the "Doors and Gates" Theme at Think Monday, Think ATC

I have used 2 doors from a very old Altered Pages collage sheet in my stash called Open the Door. I cannot even find where they still sell it and that's a shame, it has some nice images on it. Anyway, in the past for this challenge blog I've used rubber stamps but this time I got the wild hair to use up some of my way-too-huge brad stash. The very first thing I did was grab my chalk inks and go to town distressing the edges of both my images and the hand-painted bases I pulled out of my paper stash. Probably got carried away with the purple, but it's my favorite color so I did not notice, haha.


Then, for this first ATC, I cut and added some white-ish flowers out of deli paper using my Impression Obsession Hollyhocks die. I played around with some paper scraps and fashioned a header at top out of discarded bits, including the satin ribbon. Then, I glued a gold heart charm on the door and a green bow brad on the top. Done for #1.




For the next ATC, I found some teeny tiny very old Karen Foster alpha stickers to spell home. Then I added the mushrooms, bird and bee brads. Done with #2.

My plan for at least one of these ATC's is to incorporate as part of an art journal page I am hoping to do. Very shortly the Top2000 Songs for 2017 will be released by Dutch radio, and then it will be time to play in Marit's Blog Party again. I will include links later on. I already have one song set up to do an art journal spread on with one of these ATC's, so my fingers are crossed that the song makes it to the top 2000 again (it did in 2016). Anyway, stay tuned. I will be sharing the pages I create!

This was a lot of fun to try to figure out how to alter these collage sheet images without copying anyone else. But you really should go see what the others have created. Such imaginations!!!

Have a great week, everyone!




No comments: