Monday, March 14, 2016

Smooch and Tell (Fripperies & Butterflies Feb. Color Challenge)

I admit it. I have a little Smooch Ink obsession.
I have every color except platinum, and whenever I find that at a good price, it's mine. Here's my filled-in color chart:
I love product color charts, but I have found that filling them in makes me want to buy all of the colors I don't have so I can complete the chart. Well done, Marketing!

Lately, I've been playing with my Smooch inks (because they are fun and shimmer and shine, and they're like if Ink married Acrylic, Smooch would be their baby). They are also a little unpredictable. I've made 2 cards over the weekend using Smooch background techniques and I am liking how folkart-like the effect is.

My first card is for the Fripperies & Butterflies February Challenge that runs from the 15th to the 15th. (Yes, just getting this in under the wire.) If I play in a challenge, many of them require you to use their product, but even when they don't I like to try to. I printed out one of the gorgeous images that is offered on Fridays. I fell in love with this little bunny, but he's only one of many I printed. Leeanne is so generous and has so many stunning images.

Don't you just love this cute chickie perched on bunny's head?

 
 
I chose a technique from the archives of Technique Junkies, a newsletter I subscribed to. The newsletter's retired but Pat sells many of the techniques on CD's. She also sells rubber stamps. The technique is called Smooch Painted Texture. I also got to use my new Darice Spring Tulips embossing folder. Above are some close-ups to see the smooch on the embossed surface.

The challenge this month was to use at least 2 of the colors on this swatch:
I think I might have used them all, lol, they are all so pretty together.  And I had a good time painting with my Smooches. I also grabbed a strip of green vellum from my scraps and made some grass with my Martha Stewart fringe scissors. I cut an oval with my Spellbinder Nestie dies and sponged on some Victorian Velvet distress ink while it was still in the die. A mini-mod flower ribbon and a couple of punched clouds, and I called it done. I can picture that cute bunny in a field of spring tulips, can't you?




No comments: