Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Quick Tuesday Check-in

Hello there! Trying to post more often, so here is a quick check-in before tomorrow's WOYWW weekly post.

I wanted to share the card I have made using the backgrounds I wrote about HERE. This is a birthday card for my art friend Joy Holder Northrop, and I thought it would be cool to use the Groovy Set stamps that she designed for 100 Proof Press! (If you had designed some stamps, wouldn't you think it cool? I would! And so did she!) So without further ado, here be my card:
How about that background! I thought it went with her stamps perfectly. Together, they give off that zetti / stampotique vibe quite nicely. Not really in my comfort zone, but what we do for our friends! lol  I actually colored all the images with my old-school Zig Writers that have got to be at least 10 years old and still juicy. These markers are usually way too bold in color, but here, they are the perfect choice. One of my hopes is to start a Zetti practice journal this year, so note to file: use these markers!

The stamp set includes the houses, the sun, 2 borders and the framed groovy. I stamped them all out, fussy-cut them and added some Tim chitchat letter stickers. Then, I used some Sundance Smooch Ink on the sun, the frame dots and the house windows. It was hard to photograph, but the above photo shows a bit of the bling.

Here is the back, where I've used another sheet of the background and the other border which is plain.

I had mucho fun working outside my normal style on this card. That's very helpful to me sometimes and can be a great rut-buster. I'm just thankful it turned out pretty well this time! (Sometimes, it has not, haha.)

Tomorrow I should have the second Smooch Ink background card on my desk ready to mail (I shared the first one on Monday), so please come back by and see! As always, thanks for visiting, leave a comment to let me know you were here, and Happy Arting! xoxo

No comments: