Wednesday, March 9, 2016

WOYWW #353

A workdesk mystery...
Welcome to an incredibly tedious and boring edition of What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday , hosted by Julia. Thanks for visiting. I am so behind in that, but resolutions have been made! And what are those little circles on my craft mat?

My Favorite Things Die-namics SEQUINS Die
One other photo to help solve the mystery:

Now ALL of my Promarkers have colorful butts...
So, I began buying these Promarkers when they were owned by Letraset, who did NOT put a color-coded circle sticker on the chisel end aka BUTT. (I'm from Texas, okay? lol)  Then, Letraset sold to Windsor & Newton, who HAVE added a circle sticker to their markers. Consequently I was left with many markers that had bare butts. And frankly, it annoyed me. Mostly because the butts on my newer markers were prettier and more helpful to my aging eyes, especially when looking for what I wanted in this storage satchel that I use (and still continue to love).

So, as luck, fate and kismet often have it, I happened upon and scooped up a sequins die from MFT that contained the perfect-sized circle for me to fix Letraset's stinginess and make my collection whole. The entire second row of sequins cuts at same time to yield 7 per pass. Beats die-cutting one circle at a time, which was my only other choice (Spellbinders circles nestie's smallest one), and no perfect-sized punch.

This is not the most glamorous work, and I feel like it's a lot more busy work than these Promarkers are worth, but once in for a penny, one must stay in for the pound, right?  I'm also playing around with adding a strip of label around the barrel end with the marker number and color, so I just might be working on this for weeks, sheesh! Such is the life of one blessed with massively stubborn tenacity!

Stencil with a Twist backgrounds on the work table
Thankfully, I have been taking breaks to actually make art, and I had an enjoyable go this week with a Technique Junkies technique called Stencil Spray with a Twist, included on their Sensational Stencils CD. I used a TJ stamp called Marble Swirl, and a Crafters Workshop Dina Wakley stencil called Halftone Circles . I stamped with Forget-Me-Not Wendy Vecchi Ranger Archival ink and sprayed with Dylusions London Fog, (a wee bit of) Pure Sunshine and Cut Grass. I've already used two of these backgrounds on a card which I'll share in a few days as soon as the recipient gets it.

Well, time to get back to the Promarker Project, here's hoping I don't have to add a "Permanent" preface to that title. Enjoy the rest of your week!
Post a Comment