Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Carded

DCWV patterned paper, Papertrey digital sentiment stamp, Quickutz diecuts, KI Memories tags, SU card stock, Zig pigment markers
If you only knew how old all of the supplies on this card are! And, no packaged coordinating, all different manufacturers and brands. Yet, how well everything on the card goes together. The main thing I used to integrate it all was COLOR. In addition, I die cut shapes out of card stock that complimented the tagged elements I was already using. And I used the card base card stock color in order to anchor those elements visually. And because those elements tied into the others, it anchored everything.

Now, if I can just tap into this several more times...

As I describe, further down in this post, the dog days of summer are demanding strange things from all of us. I am not immune. In an effort to make my card making interesting and challenging, I pulled out all of my birthday text theme papers, all my birthday scrap elements and my tags and frames binder. My mission became to make as many cards as I can and use up as much of the stuff that I got out.

Back on July 8, I wrote this about how I had some greeting cards to make. After making some, I listed just the rest of the cards I needed for close friends and family for the remainder of the year: a total of a dozen, not counting any holidays. This was a few more than I'd thought, and I felt a bit deflated, like when you are prepared to clean the bathtub but then you realize that you have to clean the toilet first.

So, my Muse must have gotten her knickers all in a twist over it, because last night I began to feel her withdraw and by the time I awoke today, I didn't want to artify at all. Nada. Zero.

But, I am quite talented at making cards during periods of artistic motivational drought, also known around my place as a motivacay (as it's often the only vacay I get, haha). So, the short-term game plan for now is to crank as many of those suckers out as I can in order to get them done. And, wait patiently for my Muse to chillax or give me some kind of sign. Perhaps it's too hot to expect much else.