Thursday, September 9, 2010

NineNineTen

Sometimes a card is so purdy (Texas term) that it would be a shame and a disgrace not to CASE the heck out of it. Well, that's how this card came about.
*Celebrate* Birthday card
There's this very talented cardmaker named Laurie Schmidlin whose blog is a place I like to check out when I'm in surf mode (and that's not often enough!). She's always got some awesome creation to share. One day last month I was there and saw this card. My heart skipped a beat and it was luuuuuv. The clean white on the black and the colorful balloons...heck, I was ready to turn another year older 6 months early just so I could party. Of course, I had to try to CASE it.

My version could be criticized for having too many balloons, I suppose, but the truth is, I made the card for my niece who turned 17, and my original intent was to stamp 17 balloons...until I got sidetracked and ended up stamping a few more. {geez, concentrate much, Aimes?} That's okay, a few to grow on. She loved it, by the way.

Anyway, just wanted to give Laurie her props and to thank her for giving me such yummy inspiration. That old saying "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" totally applies here. xoxo

1 comment:

Vicky said...

very pretty & certainly bright :) love the ribbon embellishment :) this is sure a happy card :)