Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mingles, Lottos, Trades...

I have spent the last few days: getting my warm-up journal assembled and bound...looking thru my existing journals for prepped background pages to journal on...working on my stamps cd case storage stamping and scanning. In between, I made some atc's for the various groups I want to stay minimally active in while I shift my focus to art journaling and scrapbooking.

*Hold Me Close* atc (traded)
Hold Me Close: This one's for Altered Design group's Risque'-themed weekly mingle. Image from Digital Collage Sheets, cigar bands from Hubster, laser-printed sentiment humor, and background is Prisma pencils on a patterned phrase paper scrap.
***

*Two for the Road* atc (traded)
Two for the Road:This one's for the monthly WTA Lottery at Paper Traders (always an open theme). I began with the boy and dog German scrap. I took part of a map of Wyoming, distressed the edges with a tool and ink, then colored on different light colors of watercolor pencil, then took a damp rag and burnished/blended in. I adhered the images and outlined them with a black Ebony pencil and blended a dark brown watercolor pencil into that. I got out my old magnetic stamps from Making Memories and stamped out the sentiments. I rarely use these stamps because I cannot get accurate placement, just approximate. But I felt that the mood and style of this could handle it. I applied the ink to them with markers because these stamps also tend to pick up ink on their edges when I load them up using an ink pad. That's annoying! Ghost edging not cool, except for grunging.
***

*In the Pink* atc (traded)
In the Pink:For this one, a private trade with an online friend who had liked my previous dot-doodled atc. I think I like this one even better. I used the entire collage image from Digital Collage Sheets intact and just altered it with my dot-doodles using my Permapaque markers and my Prisma pencils on her body. So the dark red background is part of the image. I then used the markers for the bordering and mounted it to a piece of shimmery dark blue cardstock scrap. I went in and detailed her hair, lips and eyes with .01 Microns.
***

3 comments:

Lynda said...

These are so neat. I especially like the last one with dots. Thanks for visiting my blog for the giveaway. Good Luck!

Michele said...

each of these has such style! great work.

Vicky said...

these are beautiful ...the cigar one is so funny :)great techniques too. thanks for visiting my blog :)