Thursday, July 15, 2010

Greeting card trio

Hi! In my last post, I had 3 art cards to share. Today, I've got a trio of greeting cards for you. You can click on each image to make it bigger, if you need to.

Belated Birthday card
This card came about after I stamped the girl on a piece of textured cardstock and didn't get the crisp smooth image I thought I was seeking. Still, I liked the result and didn't discard it, deciding instead to see what I could create by bashing my stash. My Texture Muse led me to choose textural papers and a rug-like ribbon texture. The layout is a Stampers Corner sketch and the stamp is Olivia by The Queen's Dresser Drawers.

One part of the stamp that didn't transfer at all was the tiny sentiment in cursive in the lower righthand bottom. Stamping properly, it's supposed to say "Oops, the Voices didn't remind me it was your birthday." However, this was easily solved with a corner punched piece of cardstock and a few MM Tiny Alphas. I simply stamped "Happy Belated Birthday" inside.

I now think I know why I kept the stamped image to begin with. After I shared the card on Flickr and my stamp group, I had several people ask if I'd stamped it on canvas material, and I realized that's exactly what it looks like.

Which is how I knew for sure that my Muse is not only colorful, she is indeed textural, too. I've suspected as much, but this confirms it.

***

Night-themed greeting card
My second card is one of my all-time favorites and was quite hard to mail off as I wanted to just keep displaying it and gazing at it, winkwink. I can make another one, though. This "In the Stars" card was a labor of love, too. Labor-intensive love. Took me almost a week, on and off, to stamp all the different stars and then fill in with doodle-dots. This was made for a Night theme and I was really wanting to convey a burst of passion for these lovers (image by Digital Collage Sheets). What better way to feel their passion if we imagine them kissing in the middle of a star shower?

The moon stamp is by Inkaadinkado and the various stars are by manufacturers unknown as they are all in a Celestial-themed storage cd and I am too lazy to spend 3 hours looking thru my records for each star. Some are red rubber, some are clear, does that help? Hehe - I know. It doesn't. I dunno, a star's a star. Lastly, the sentiment was made using Quickutz Sophisticate alpha dies and SU cardstock.

***

Anniversary greeting card
My last card was made for someone in my stamping group and it was made mostly to use the Sweet n Sassy rose and sentiment clear stamps. I love SnS stamps as they are made so well and the impressions are deeper than the average clear stamp.

With such a nice stamp, I used a Technique Junkies newsletter technique called Coloring Outside the Lines on the rose. The technique calls for coloring where the title indicates and not to color the image itself. I cannot just leave an image alone, naked, uncolored....so I outlined it heavily with color and I did color the foliage. I paired my image focal with some great patterned paper from my Die Cuts with a View pack and punched the card's corners to finish off this simple card.

5 comments:

Sandie R said...

All great cards Aimeslee but I love the Oops! one best.

Linda said...

Hey Aimeslee! I'm happy to see you are still going strong too! I do love the Oops! card. Glad to hear that Missy still enjoys working at Outback. Extra money is always good. :)

jillconyers said...

Hi Aimeslee. Count me as another that likes them all but Oops is my favorite.

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Adorable cards, I love how you fixed the oops too and nobody would have ever known!

Vicky said...

the oops card is so nice. I love the stars one , you really made that card glow with all the stars . that would make a great atc and won't take as long to fill in as a regular card did :)