Saturday, July 10, 2010

Art card trio

I went back to making my weekly artist trading card for the yahoo group mingle I've been participating in, having taken a bit of a sabbatical after my mom died.

Here is the first one for a Book Pages theme, straight from Paris. I chose Marie Antoinette collage sheet images from Collage Visions (our yahoo group owner's business), part of a book page I'd altered some time ago with stippled acrylics and then shape-tore using a hard acrylic oval template, and some hairy fiber wound around and attached thru slits made by my new Marvy corner punch:
Paris Marie atc

The next week's was a zetti theme, and since I've been into what I call Pretty Zetti, this came to me:
Zen Zetti atc
I took an Artchix Blue collage sheet image and my Copics and gelpens, and went to town. I finished it with a checkerboard border and call it "Zen Zetti".

Now I need to do the next theme for the upcoming week: Hands. Hmmm.....

In my stamping group, we do one atc mingle a month and I decided to just keep on going and get it done for July already. The theme was Red, Yellow and Orange. I used a Hearts in Touch oriental stamp and colored it using the Blended Glitter Gelpen Technique from Technique Junkies newsletter:
*Bathed in Sunlight* Asian atc - Traded
My title is "Bathed in Sunlight". Using only those colors was a challenge for me at first until I figured out what colors would go where. Then, it was all coloring fun (which you know I love to do)!

2 comments:

Sandie R said...

Hi Aimeslee, thanks for stopping by and I'm glad to see you back with us on AD. These are awsome ATC, like the Blended Gel Pen Technique. At least you did a Zetti, I couldn't even wrap my brain around that one. I guess some themes just aren't for everyone. Have a great weekend

Crazystamper said...

I don't do ATC's but I think I going to keep up with watching your work as it is just beautiful. I may just have to starting doing some of these. Have a wonderful day! Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake www.crazystamper.typepad.com