Sunday, May 2, 2010

Happy May!

Steampunk-themed 4x6 post card made for my Naked Post Card yahoo group swap. Stamps used: Flourishes, Alpha Stamps, Scrollsworks, Starving Artiststamps.

I must be over-stimulated visually because I really don't have much to say. But I thought I'd show up and post some art anyway.

I've been reading on my Kindle a lot the last few days, another biography of MGM Producer genius Irving Thalberg. I was really slow to warm to my Kindle, but I think I'm hooked now. Strangely enough, once I installed the free PC app and began synching between the two, it fit my life better. It even seems like I am reading faster because I sit longer at each stretch and read more.

With my arthritis in my hands, holding a book can cause cramps, believe it or not. This little Kindle doesn't do that to me though. That alone is reason enough to prefer it some days.
ATC made for my weekly yahoo group mingle...doodle graffiti and brayered-ink background, sentiment stamp by Autumn Leaves, butterfly and border loop punches by Martha Stewart

I have also been cling-mounting stamps and as I am almost out of the cling sheets I need to make a decision: order more or go without? I've also been using some of my newer rubber with temporary adhesive and it seems fine. I am on the verge of deciding to go clingfree from now on.

1 comment:

jillconyers said...

I'm inspired by your creativity and techniques with stamps.

I want an e-reader and was even ready to buy the Kindle...then the iPad came out LOL