Friday, February 12, 2010

Traditional Valentine

(greeting card created by me, using Scrapworks and Teresa Collins for Junkitz patterned papers, Bazzill card stock, May Arts ribbon, Pacon doillies, Fiskars and Martha Stewart border punches, Victorian Scrapworks German scrap, CI file tab sticker, Making Memories sentiment rub-ons)
I distressed the edge of the polkadot heart, then inked it in warm red chalk ink, then took my Tim piercing tool and made faux stitches around the edge. Love piercing an edge after it's been distressed and inked. Love the little edge ridge that the swollen paper fibers make. My final touch to the stitches was little dots of white Sharpie paint pen xtra fine point, not too perfectly. Makes a nice confluence of dots between the stitching and the paper heart it's on, the file tab, the ribbon and the heart border on the paper.

1 comment:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Goodness girl, you just never cease to amaze me! Love the Valentine! Great job!