Saturday, January 16, 2010

To Mother



(birthday card and bookmark created by me for my mom...card design is from Stampers Corner sketch #205; DCWV Luxury and Metallic card stock slab papers; CM foiled papers; Martha Stewart, Paper Shaper, Marvy and Fiskars  punches; QK die cuts; Red Letter Art microscope slide collage sheet images; Inkadinkado clear stamp sentiment; Victorian Scrapworks gold dresden 'To Mother' heart embellishment; Lasting Impressions sentiment rub-ons)

The bookmark wasn't made from a template but just on the fly from my own design that was dependent upon the size of my scraps leftover from making the card. It turned out very nice, and I'm hoping I can remember what I did so I can make more. I do remember the bookmark's dimensions are 6" long by 3" wide. That means I cut a 3" width of paper from a 12" piece, then folded in half by scoring it with my Scor Pal. Then, I cut out the other papers just narrowing down from that paper base. The bookmark is the one that saw the workout from my Fiskars Decorative Corner punch.

3 comments:

Sandie R said...

This is a terrific card Aimeslee I'm sure your mom is going to love it. Love the layout and the colours

artbeckons said...

Gorgeous card, Aimes =)

Vickie A-Morgan said...

Beautiful card and bookmarks, Aimeslee. Your mom can't help but love them! So elegant.