Monday, January 18, 2010

Pick 3 Challenge Card

My entry in the most recent Pick 3 Challenge:


(Birthday card created by me, using Stampers Corner sketch #206...Papers: black and grey DCWV adhesive textured card stocks, DCWV grey patterned papers, red copy paper; Autumn Leaves flower stamp stamped repeatedly on the patterned rectangles in silver pigment ink and heat embossed with Ranger Holographic powder, outlined with red Copic; red rayon paper foofy flower made by me; flower center: Karen Foster white flat brad with a Pop Dot on it, heat embossed with Ranger Sparkly Black powder; Sentiment: Basic Grey rub-on on black card stock Nestabilities Label diecut)

I was supposed to:
Just PICK 3 items from the list below and use those 3 items to create ONE card!
-Start your card from a patterned piece of paper and create from there.
-Start your card from a sentiment
-Use at least one gem or crystal
-Make a border that is punch on the top and bottom of the border
-Use a stencil or template
-Alter a brad so it fits your card
-Use any image with wings
-Use any color you MIGHT see in the sky

The three items I chose for my card are highlighted in red. I started with a Happy Birthday sentiment, I altered my brad and I used grey which is a common color in the sky.

5 comments:

Sandie R said...

Great and colourful card Aimeslee. Like the bright red flower.

Denise Clark said...

Wow! That flower really grabs your attention. Love the boldness! Great card!

Thanks so much for playing along with the PICK 3 Challenge!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

I am so impressed with all your challenges. Not only that you are doing them, but how awesome they are turning out! Loving coming over here to see whats new!

jillconyers said...

Great idea for a challenge and I love your color choices. How do you keep track of all the challenges and groups you participate in?

Kathie McGuire said...

Aimeslee~
I am LOVING that red flower!!! The card is just lovely~great job on the whole thing!!

May I ask how you made the flower? I am crazy about 3-D flowers!! Willing to RAK you with one of mine if you can help me with info on this one. LOVE IT!

Hugs, Kathie
www.kathiemcguire.blogspot.com