Friday, January 15, 2010

Fun Shine is wonderful

The sunshine has disappeared here for now, but it was glorious while it lasted. So, let the fun shine live on...

(birthday card for my youngest niece, using a Stampers Corner yahoo group sketch...a ton of stickers and rub-ons by Making Memories, Scrapworks, Creative Imaginations...a few of my inchies...Bazzill card stock base...Scenic Route lined paper, left edge punched and distressed by me with the Tim tool...DCWV pink and orange slab papers...all edges distressed and inked with Colorbox chalk ink...Sizzix Sizzlets hearts diecuts)

XXX

I found a ziploc bag containing leftovers from a card I made a few years ago, the contents of which were enough to make another card, so I did!

(greeting card created by me, the second one I've created using the same elements: My Minds Eye card stock base, Offray striped ribbon, Fontwerks hearts stamp and hearts border stamp, QK star diecuts, bird cut freehand (all stamped images doused in Diamond Glaze to produce a glass effect.)

XXX


(greeting card created by me, using DCWV slab and Urban Lily patterned papers on a Wausau 110# index card stock base...QK man, woman and parasol diecut, Spellbinders leafy vine diecut, Offray ribbon, Eyelet Outlet brads, sentiment by My Cute Stamps)

XXX

And, last but not least, my latest big project finally finished and mailed out, a 10-Valentine card swap. I focussed on using some of my stuff, and managed to use the rest of my sequined hearts (I had exactly 10 left!) and some of my red fabric strip ribbon (I did make a dent in that stash, yay!). Here's all of them, lined up in what I call my Valentine Chorus Line:
 
and a close-up:

(10 greeting cards created by me, using Paper Reflections kraft card stock bases, Pacon doillies, red fabric strip ribbon and sequined hearts from my stash, Spellbinders frame diecut)

I hope there is fun shining today whereever you are....

4 comments:

Tatiana Kuzyk said...

... I wish to be your niece... what a stunning, stunning B~day card you created! I love the composition and the Bold~ness of all the Reds... This card could make a wonderful poster/calendar page so the viewer would be able to loose herself/himself in the journey through the many visual texture layers of your card...
In all sincerity ~ it is a gem of an artwork!
Thank you for your touching inspiration....
XO
Tatiana

Benita said...

I love your Valentine's cards....so pretty! Where did you get those sequin hearts???

PocketsOfInspiration said...

I'm lov'n all the bright and cheery cards you've been doing! Great to lift the spirits.

Love that golftini!

artbeckons said...

Love the birthday card! Such pretty valentines, too =)