Thursday, September 3, 2009

Back to School Sept. calendar

Lordy, finally finished September's collage! As I mentioned yesterday, I used quite a few collage images of Crowabout's . I also have some of my own stash on it too.
This is a scan of it, which means the edges are not in the photo since it is a 12x12 and I have a regular-sized scanner bed. That nasty vertical line trying to disect the graduate man is annoying, but not so much for me to re-scan with a towel over it all to try to stop the shadow. 
I snapped a couple of photos of it hanging on the wall and one of them actually turned out pretty well, so I think I may submit it instead:
I was just making all this up as I went along...no sketch, so I suppose I should be proud it turned out this good. But I really wish I'd moved the Make It Happen rectangle to be centered over the Edumacation part below it. And a couple of other little things. Oh well. I needed a page altered on my calendar and this helped get it done.
Why this theme (other than it is the month for Back to School)? It happens to be the theme for GPP Street Team's Crusade #33, that's why! I am only too happy to oblige and indulge for Michelle. I even plan to do another post on it later. But, I do believe that a good calendar page on the subject can provide motivation during the critical first month of commiting oneself to *Edumacation*, so there be my humble offering to that.
Along the feeder road of this, call it Self-Improvement Row: if I could cure myself of one artistic disease, it would either be my stubborn affliction for not seeing correctable crap until it's too late, or it would be to not give a crap about that crap and just create. It's just that I spend so much time on things and there's always some art pimple glaring at me.
Now would be a good time to remember that art quote, something about art is knowing which mistakes to keep. Yep, that would have my name on it! LOL
{Trying to act nonchalant for about twenty seconds, then giving up and screaming ARGH#@$^@$%&%*$^(&(&.}
Until next time,

6 comments:

Linda said...

I think it works "because" it's not centered over the Edumacation portion. It would be too balanced on one side and would make the left side look unbalanced. I like it this way better.

Rosie said...

I just love that altered page. I can't see any faults at all, but then I am not you!! Why are we our own harshest critics, I wonder? Creating is easy, stopping or knowing when to stop is the hard bit for me!! Thank you for sharing! =)

Julie Prichard said...

Back to school....interesting topic- I saw not giving a crap about the crap and just get 'er done!

xo

Belinda said...

what a fun september page and a great project. good luck with the calendar!

Darlene said...

Very colorful collage page - I think it looks fantastic.

Anita Van Hal said...

Hey pretty lady! Just found your blog from a link at Michelle's! Your art, as always, is so inspiring to me! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!