Thursday, September 10, 2009

Just dropping by


...to leave a few art journal pages for you from my Wake Me When It's Over art journal. I'm completely immersed in creating right now and I'm neglecting as much of my normal everyday life as I can without crashing and burning. N.2.It fersher. It's the daily mantra to paint, collage and journal a page that has me going. FInally, after several tries, my self-discipline is cooperating. I never thought it was possible.
I wrote the poem as journaling for this page about language. Everything is stash-bashed, nothing new cut or opened.

This page began from rebellion at not wanting to blend the colors. Painting bands reminded me of watercolor washing and I realized I was missing watercolors a little. I tried to put the hotter colors behind the paper collage, in line with the sentiment of the quote and to perhaps mute their brighteness somewhat. The snowflake stickers -- gawd, how long have I had those? They were a true afterthought, but I was looking for something airy to cause some movement on the page.
This one was very fun for me to watch unfold. This was practice in getting more comfortable with combining patterns and colors. I also used my new Copics Ciao marker set to color the hand and the little mandala. I love how these go on the paper and how easy it was to apply the color. I got the set of 12 on sale for an awesome price, as a test of them. I could have had the same control with colored pencils, but not the intense vibrancy of color. I'm seeing another major purchase in my future {sigh}, but maybe just a few markers at a time if I can restrain myself.

No comments: