Friday, June 12, 2009

More journaling, more mailbox goodies...

Here's another page spread from my *Almost Daily* Pages composition book journal. The background is gesso, then yellow acrylic on top of that, then a little azo gold glaze, then some sponge circle stamping in waterslide blue acrylic. This is about my first Moleskine purchase, and the photo of The Decorated Page book is really what made me buy since there are some Moleskine journals in it (and I plumb forgot to mention that on the page journaling, argh):


The page was done back in January (honest injun...takes me this long to do the journaling and decide when finished). But, curiously enough, I've just begun a new online workshop to study the techniques in The Decorated Page, and the journal I will use will be this Moleskine, plus another one I bought last week -- a watercolor notebook and a sketchbook, one for watercolor drawings and another for wet paint collage. More on that at another time, though...

Okay, moving right along, I wanted to show the cool tags I received in a recent tag swap in my Gluebots yahoo group. The first 3 tags were created by (in order from left to right) RJ, Jeane and Joan, our loverly swap hostess:


And these 2 tags were created by (in order, left to right) Zhulia and Linda S:


And, for my 4x6 Expressions yahoo group, here is a photo of my all-time favorite inchies stamp set that I am fortunate to own, Leave Memories Kiss-Off Cubes (RIP, LM!):

The images are so cool. I have only used them in making background papers so far, though, and am just beginning to use the papers I've made.

Until next time,

6 comments:

Tatiana Kuzyk said...

Another Beauty of an artwork has arrived! Moleskin journals are an addiction-in-the-making and yet to find its own 12-step recovery movement...
I love the juxtoposition of images and words that keeps the attention examinig each and every element of the composition ~ cool & unexpected. I can only imagine how one-page-a-day can grow into a book filled with gorgeous imagery and creative adventures!
I Love your art!
Tatiana

Anonymous said...

It looks like you've been having fun, and it's all very cool, as always! Do you have a link to that online bit for the moleskines?

Tita Mama said...

I just ordered the Decorated Page from Amazon last week. What a coincidence! What's the info regarding the online class? I really like your journal page on your first moleskine. Peggy.

Laura Kay said...

That spread is amazing! It looks very "professional". I so enjoy The Decorated Page. Have fun, I know YOU will!

jillconyers said...

I envy all of your creative time. When you do the tag swaps do you collect them or use them on projects. Looking at how visually appealing they are I thought it would make a great collection to display somehow.

Not much creating going on lately for me so I'm going to live vicariously through you :)

Charlie said...

Hello there! Just checking in with you to see what fabulous art work you are doing. Looks like you are staying busy. Glad to see you are still doing journals. I am too but have not liked what I've done lately so I'm not posting them lol.
Have a great summer!
C.