Thursday, April 23, 2009

Tell me, please...

Every week, my Altered Designs yahoo group has a TGIF mingle to make an ATC with a different theme. This week's was "postal". This is my entry.

The card came together quickly, which was good since I started it about an hour before the deadline! I've had the image of the little girl for awhile and just needed a reason to use her. The postage stamp was in the image already, so unless I cut it out or hid it, the stamp needed to be part of the reason.

Then I looked in my Creative Imagination rub-on Travel booklet and found the text. The little postmark was on a 7Gypsies rub-on sheet of postmarks. It needed to explain why the little girl was asking the question. The one I picked worked well with the girl's parent being a soldier called to active duty.

Of course, collage really doesn't need to make sense. But you know me, Anal Aimeslee. winkwink I kinda need my collages to make good sense most of the time. So, a happy ending once again. :-)

Until next time,

8 comments:

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

I love it! I love everything about it. I also understand the need to make your collage make sense. I make up little stories about the people or pictures and they make sense to me.Not sure they make sense to anyone else who sees them but at least I know they do!
I also LOVE the card in the previous post. Very naughty!! LOL
have a great weekend!
cathy

Teresa aka Tess said...

I love this card. The little girls fdace and the sentiment behind the card, beautiful. Wonderful color scheme.

Rozette said...

It is simply beautiful. The girl looks angelic. And you came up with this...in an hour!!! Woooo mama!!!!

Leann said...

Looks great! Quick is good, sometimes peoples best work requires no thought. It just developes right before ones eyes.
Hope you are well and finding the time to fit it all in.
-Leann

Linda said...

I really like the image of the girl, very sweet. I also like the naughty girl ATC. Very creative!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

okay that card is just adorable and the title so fitting of the picture! I love it!

quiltedcavalier said...

I think I need to try my hand at ATC's! Actually I've made one or two, but it's been awhile... I'm working on cards, journaling and this halloween project. As for journaling, you should check out this site: http://michelleward.typepad.com/how_cool_is_that/2009/04/crusade-no-30-cat-got-your-tongue.html

-Roberta

Marie Reed said...

I just love the stamp and handstamp!