Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I Didn't Wanna Mail It...


...because I fell in love with it - the look the Fiskars Ivy border punch made on the edge, the way my altering the photo with inks and markers turned out, the awesome combo of the cheapo slab scrap papers, the way the blue flower looks perfect on the woman's body and makes the nude tasteful, the Anais Nin quote and the cool way I formatted the text, and finally, the blues and greens, my favorite internal color balm.

Oh well, just have to make another one! I kept chanting this over and over as I prepared the envelope. This layout, with a different image (because while I could print out more of this nude, I have tons of others to choose from), would make a great greeting card front, too, doncha think? Also, a great ATC. Yup, will have to make another...and another. winkwink

Short and sweet, as my Muse is being a stern taskmaster this week. And I'm grateful, as it keeps my mind off this swine flu outbreak

Until next time,

5 comments:

Tita Mama said...

I would not have wanted to mail it either! Everything went together exactly the way it should! Would you be willing to share your processs for the text portion? To be honest, I don't have a clue!

Sarah Coggins said...

Gorgeous, Aimeslee! I can see why you would hate to part with this one. The colors are so lovely. :)

Glad you enjoyed the baby names list! Sorry it took so long for me to create one. Definitely did not forget - I set up a post as soon as you tagged me and just kept pushing the publish date forward. LOL

That train & little play mat are so cute. And, yes, my DH has quite the sense of humor. He's one of those quiet types that just observes and then suddenly out pops the funniest comment.

Anonymous said...

Another great one! I have always loved this quote so this card really touched me.

mel said...

Oh, what force of will you must have had to actually mail it!! It's....just....perfect.

Linda said...

I can see why you kept it, it is gorgeous!