Thursday, April 16, 2009

progress marches on...


Day by day, I am making a dent in my art to-do list. This was on there: an atc to make for the weekly TGIF mingle on my altered designs yahoo group.

If the little girl looks familiar, I had 3 collage sheet images of her to begin with and I've been in the mood to use her up. This particular atc is a perfect example of what I love to do the most: paper-pieced (or dry) collage. The mingle theme this week is Whimsy, another of my favorite things. I actually did a few different techniques on this card, since I had a whimsical license.

First of all, I used my punches. The tree, the pink flowers and the sun were all punched and then outlined with a Pitt pen. For the clouds, I used a stencil brush to lightly apply some pearl Lumiere paint, then some Liquitex acrylic.

Then, I outlined the clouds I'd formed with a Ranger Perfect Medium pen and brushed some blue Perfect Pearls on the outline. I did the same thing in yellows on the sun.

One of the advantages of owning every blessed craft product ever made (okay, a slight exxageration, lol) is that there's always something there to play with, should I grow a wild enough hair.

The disadvantage is there is never enough time or space to play with it all. I would be lucky indeed to ever prove that wrong. Never say never... :-))

Until next time,

4 comments:

Tatiana Kuzyk said...

That's a really heartwarming piece... I love the newspaper print in the trunk of the tree. Looks like you had a fun time making it.
Tatiana

Rose said...

Hi Aimeslee, I have tagged you!

Lida said...

That is so pretty, you are so talented, definetely one of my favorite collage artists.

Linda said...

I really like this ATC...great punch art.