Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mingles, Lottos, Trades...

I have spent the last few days: getting my warm-up journal assembled and bound...looking thru my existing journals for prepped background pages to journal on...working on my stamps cd case storage stamping and scanning. In between, I made some atc's for the various groups I want to stay minimally active in while I shift my focus to art journaling and scrapbooking.

*Hold Me Close* atc (traded)
Hold Me Close: This one's for Altered Design group's Risque'-themed weekly mingle. Image from Digital Collage Sheets, cigar bands from Hubster, laser-printed sentiment humor, and background is Prisma pencils on a patterned phrase paper scrap.
***

*Two for the Road* atc (traded)
Two for the Road:This one's for the monthly WTA Lottery at Paper Traders (always an open theme). I began with the boy and dog German scrap. I took part of a map of Wyoming, distressed the edges with a tool and ink, then colored on different light colors of watercolor pencil, then took a damp rag and burnished/blended in. I adhered the images and outlined them with a black Ebony pencil and blended a dark brown watercolor pencil into that. I got out my old magnetic stamps from Making Memories and stamped out the sentiments. I rarely use these stamps because I cannot get accurate placement, just approximate. But I felt that the mood and style of this could handle it. I applied the ink to them with markers because these stamps also tend to pick up ink on their edges when I load them up using an ink pad. That's annoying! Ghost edging not cool, except for grunging.
***

*In the Pink* atc (traded)
In the Pink:For this one, a private trade with an online friend who had liked my previous dot-doodled atc. I think I like this one even better. I used the entire collage image from Digital Collage Sheets intact and just altered it with my dot-doodles using my Permapaque markers and my Prisma pencils on her body. So the dark red background is part of the image. I then used the markers for the bordering and mounted it to a piece of shimmery dark blue cardstock scrap. I went in and detailed her hair, lips and eyes with .01 Microns.
***
Post a Comment