Sunday, August 25, 2024

August 25th Weekly Post

 Happy Sunday, hope all are well.
We had a quick but wonderful visit with the kids and upon our return discovered it raining a bit! And I hear the windchimes after weeks of silence from them.
A very welcome cooling off of a few degrees.
Thought I'd share this masculine birthday card I made earlier in the year. I fnally used my Sizzix/TH Funky Cactus dies! I used scraps of  white card to cut the pieces and colored them with Promarkers. I paired them with designer papers from WRMK High Five collection. I created the black sentiment in PSE and printed out on Springhill Digital card, then cut it with a Clear Dollar label die. I embellished the sentiment with a punched out saying from the papers and a blue-colored punched card scrap. The 2 curved paper pieces on the background were cut with an MFT Blueprint #25 die. The card base is yellow SU.
Here's the Splitcoaststampers sketch I used for my layout design.
And I'll also share this Christmas card, another one of those using Gecko Galz collage sheet image squares. (I previously made 9 of them and I think I have one more left to share after this.)
I used Cardstock Warehouse Electric Red for the base and mats and Basic Grey Dasher designer papers. The sentiment was cut twice out of white scrap from a Casual Friday die and layered. The present was cut using a Stamplorations die out of green scraps and I used a Crafters Companion Gemini torn hexagon die to make the red mat behind it, as well as the next smaller die to make the image mats. Several turquoise glitter dots were arranged to finish the card front.
And here is the Splitcoaststampers sketch I used for my layout design.

That's it for me, have a great week!

8 comments:

Ashwini Rao said...

Fun layout and great use of the dies and the designer papers, Aimeslee! Both of your cards look fabulous! Thank you, also, for taking your time to comment in my blog! :)

*Vicki* said...

These are both stunning creations my friend! Those cactus dies are very cool and I love the different colors you've added to them! The Vintage style Christmas squares are awesome and you've done such a great job putting these together with the sketches! Glad you were also able to pull some stash scraps as well! Glad you were able to have a nice visit with your kids and a bit of a cooling. We have heat warnings for today and tomorrow. Have a great rest of the Summer my friend!

Alyson Mayo said...

Love that background with the slanted circles - super cacti :)

My name is Erika. said...

Fun cards this week. I like those funky cacti. I've seen that die but don't have it so it's great to see how it actually looks. I love those background papers too. And I'm just curious, do you have all your holiday cards made yet? I like this one. Have a super week ahead. hugs-Erika

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both amazing cards that exude colour and beauty with clever design Aimes. Love them. Sorry I've not been visiting, hopefully just a minor hiccup. x

Bonnie Lynn said...

Both cards are amazing Aimes!! I really love your take on the sketch with the first one and I'm always in for a good Christmas card.

Chrissy said...

Beautiful fun and colourful projects Aimeslee I love the succulents and their flowers and I'm definitely on the naughty list..

luv CHRISSYxx..

craftytrog said...

Wonderful cards Aimeslee!
Glad you had a lovely bit of family time with your kids.
Happy September!
Alison x