Thursday, June 13, 2024

Impussible Love 4X6 Weekly Art

 Hey there!
Happy Thursday, hope all is well with you and yours.
Spring storms in my area knocked out our internet yet again and with my gmail being on my desktop computer, I was not able to access and am now playing catch-up. While I did try to leave comments on blogs via my phone, it was only a few, so I'll be catching up on those as well.
Turning to happier thoughts, I'm sharing my weekly 4X6 art today.
I'm a Pisces and a coastal dweller, so underwater life makes me happy even though I don't go to the beach anymore. Puns and wordplay make me happy as well, so I've featured the unlikely coupling of an octopus and a pussy cat mermaid in an Impussible Love.
Since they are both "pus(s)es", I replaced the o in Impossible with a u
Yes, I'm silly but I crack myself up and laughter is a daily requirement for me.
😂😅😊😉
I began with some stencil-on-stencil action for the background. Here you can see my 4X6 landscape base of white card stock with the La-La Land Under the Sea ocean floor stencil and then Artistcellar Water Series Ripples stencil on the top, before I began inking it with Distress Inks. I used Pixie Spray on the backs of the stencils so everything held down securely. I usually stencil on a silicone kitchen mat so I can just rinse it off, plus the paper holds pretty well on silicone.
SUPPLY LIST:
Cut Cardstock 4X6 white pre cut card
Distress Inks
Rubber Soul octopus stamped with black I/O hybrid ink
Pussy cat mermaid (can't remember who made, very old rubber) stamped with the I/O ink and colored with Promarkers
La-La Land fish and seaweed dies, colored with Promarkers
Spellbinders Classic Nested Heart die cut from pink card
Bronze acrylic paint pen (anchor)
Glitter metallic and white gel pens for accenting 
Making Memories Tiny Alpha Pink Ledger letter stickers, outlined with black pencil
Ink-edging with black Promarker
Close-up to show the lovers and the punny sentiment up close.
And last look.
The previously uninked pussy cat mermaid stamp was bought so long ago I can no longer remember where I got it from and frankly, what was I thinking? LOLOL But I've been on an old supplies kick as of late so I'm glad I found a way to use it. And the octopus clear stamp, almost as old, is beginning to sugar, so I stamped several to keep just in case.
Thanks for visiting today and enjoy the rest of your week.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:

10 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Also being a Pieces and living not too far from the ocean, as well as a lot of lakes, I'm with you about when it comes to a good underwater scene. Your piece is very fun. I love the kitty mermaid-mercat. I think that's what they call them. The quote you used is a great pun and perfect for this page. I hope you have a super rest of your week, and some nice weather too. We have heavy rains and storms coming in today. hugs-Erika

Sandra Wright. said...

Such a super postcard Aimeslee.x
I love that stencil.

Diane said...

The most adorably cute summer scene and look at that mermaid, just the cutest!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

Betta said...

This card is soooo funny!!!!!! Adorable!!!
Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
Hugz, Bettascrap

Bonnie Lynn said...

Your postcard art page is fabulous! I love it and the pun you added. It cracked me up too. Hopefully, your weekend gives you less internet issues, or rain. Have a great one my friend.

Deann said...

Adorable card.

Lisa said...

Fantastic underwater scene. That is a great stencil for water too.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Yep! Definitely a fun card, love the pun and the great images. I'm glad to hear you had a laugh with them. BTW, I'm a Pisces and live not far from the sea. :) x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was taken by that stencil you used to create the water. Creative and clever. I also LOVE your PUS puns too. This is a fabulous entry for Matilde's theme at Art Journal Journey.

sweetpea said...

A really fun card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Critter Crazy challenge Janet DT.