Friday, May 17, 2024

Weekly 4X6 Art

 Happy FriYay, everyone, hope all is well.
I want to get this posted because we've got more thunderstorms coming.
Thankfully not as bad as yesterday, though.

So, one challenge's theme is Carousels, one is rock songs and another's theme is Poems.
I found digital clip art of some carousels at Wall Deco Print Art's Etsy shop.
Ans since I consider song lyrics to be poetry, I added a few appropriate lines of lyrics from Joni Mitchell's Circle Game. 
You can read all the lyrics of the song HERE.

So I resized the image for my 4x6 card base and created the text in PSE, printed out and cut the image with a Spellbinders Labels 1 die. For the card base, I sponged Saltwater Taffy Distress Oxide ink covering the entire card, then I used Abandoned Coral DOX through a Stamplorations Confetti Circles stencil and also edged the card with it. The die cut elements at top and bottom are Spellbinder dies cut from a piece of dark gold/bronze metallic card stock that was in my scrap stash drawer.

And that's about it. 
I'll display this for a while and then store it as another page in my 4X6 journal album.
Thanks for the visit and have a great day!
XXO

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Joni Mitchell Circle Game
Universal Studios Simpsons Carnival

11 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Hurrah for linking up to 3 challenges with one piece. Very nice. And You can't go wrong with Joni Mitchell. I always like the imagery of being on the carousel of time. Thanks for joining us at AJJ. It is always appreciated. That's a cool carousel too. I wonder if it can even turn. Grin. hugs-Erika

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh my, this is wonderful Aimeslee! I adore the carousel image and it is perfect for those wonderful Joni Mitchell lyrics. I like the way you showcased the carousel with the label shape and the metallic die cuts are the perfect embellishments. Hope the thunderstorms are gentle with you! Vicky x

Valerie-Jael said...

Absolutely fabulous, loooove it! We had thunder storms here yesterday, a bit scary, but other places it was much worse and there was severe flooding. Have a good weekend, take care, hugs!

Valerie-Jael said...

And thanks so much to linking to our challenge at AJJ, much appreciated! Hugs!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A wonderful card
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT Penny's Challenge

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous card Aimeslee, the carousel is beautiful, and the Joni Mitchell lyrics are perfect.
I hope your weather has calmed down now.
Happy weekend,
Alison xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is really lovely, what wonderful words and perfect for the carousel. A beautiful card Aimes. I hope your storms weren't as bad as they have been. x

Jackie C said...

Love this image and the beautiful lyrics! Great Card!
We are always super happy to see every entry in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
Please do come back again!
The very best of luck with your entry.
Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

Bonnie Lynn said...

Gorgeous carousel!! I love the added scroll embellie above it. Joni Mitchell's lyrics fit this perfectly. Please stay safe with all of those thunderstorms you're having.

Kate said...

This is so pretty!! And you can never go wrong with a Joni Mitchell song!

Thanks for linking up another fabulous project at Little Red Wagon for our "Let's Get Rocked" challenge this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Lisa said...

Gorgeous carousel image. Stunning card.