Monday, May 27, 2024

More Normas for her Homage Tree

 Hey, there. Happy new week.
I'm up to my ears in GDT and DT deadlines, but took a break to add the finishing touches to a couple more Normas for her Tree. I began them a few weeks ago, put them aside for the paint to dry and forgot them! 
😖
You may or may not know, but I'm a huge fan of Hollywood Golden Age actress Norma Shearer. I've seen every film of hers that I can find, even several of her silents.
While she's not the world's best actress in my opinion, she is certainly my absolute favorite.
Every time I watch her, she makes me feel good.
So I've been slowly creating ATC-sized coins with my favorite photos of her to hang on an homage tree. I managed to get 2 more done.

SUPPLY LIST:
Coaster material
Art Impressions Cat Mini Dies
Spellbinders Classic Circle and Scalloped Circle Dies
Designer paper scraps from stash
Lumiere Royal Blue glitter acrylic paint
Blue glitter brush marker
Flat backed pearls
Colorized photos of Norma from internet, printed on HP heavy weight photo paper
(Stills from Strange Interlude 1932, starring Norma and Clark Gable)

 
Angled shots to try to show the glittery shine.

And final view.
Thanks for visiting and have a great Monday, XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Hollywood Studios FL-Legends of Hollywood
Christmas or Not Bingo #7 May-June
Column I: Free / Monochrome / Tag / No Stamping

11 comments:

Arlene said...

I haven't tried doing ATC Coins, but these are just wonderful So glad you showed them off. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

My name is Erika. said...

I have to admit I know the name but I'm not familiar with Norma Shearer films. I guess I need to check them out. Your tags are great, and they are certainly small so perfect for our small things challenge at TIOT. Thanks for joining us (I remembered this time-hee-hee). Hope it was a nice long weekend and storm free. hugs-Erika

Michele said...

a gorgeous homage and i love how you got a cat in there! thanks for linking to my tag tuesday cats challenge a second time! xo

Deanne Saunders said...

So nice!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our COLORFUL OPTIONS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How wonderful to be able to use your Icon in your crafting, great and beautiful work. x

Conny said...

Wow.. wonderful Coins!
Thanks for joining us at ATC Around The World!

Hugs,
Conny

Bonnie Lynn said...

Finally getting to my commenting. Beautiful tribute to Norma Gable. I love how you outlined the photos with pearls. Very striking.

Rachel said...

Wow-what a cool idea for a project! These turned out great! Thanks for joining us at The Mix It Up Challenge!

Chana Malkah said...

Very nice! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana

Barb Finnical said...

I like these Aimeslee! I have never heard of this actress, but you've done such a nice job with them. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Christmas (or Not) BINGO Challenges!

Rosmarie said...

Your ATC coins look great! Thank you so much for playing along with our Dream Factory Challenge! Rosi x