Saturday, April 20, 2024

Blue Skies Birthday

 Happy Saturday!
Hope all is well with you and yours.
I had my first physical therapy yesterday and the therapist told me the pain would be bad for a while and get worse before it gets better. And she was correct! Ugh.

So, I made a birthday card using the 4x6 art I posted yesterday as the focal image. 
I usually show any card I make with my smaller art in the same post, but I just didn't have the energy for more photo editing/typing. And I'm not linking this card to any of the challenges I linked to yesterday, so I think that's fair. 
I used Basic Grey Obscure 12x12 designer paper and white card stock for the base and the layer embossed with a Spellbinders A9 Intertwined Lattice folder. I used a blending brush to add some yellow neon ink to the exposed embossed layer. On the BG paper layers, I edge-distressed them with a distressing tool.

 
I chose this Splitcoastsampers sketch for my layout design.

On the back of the card, I used another piece of the BG Obscure designer paper and a stamped SeeD's sentiment.

You can read how I made the 4x6 focal piece HERE.
I did do a couple of things to the focal image for this card. I took a small blending brush and yellow neon ink to exptend the sunrays down over the bottom cloud and into the flowers. I also stamped Hero Arts and PoppyStamps Whittle sentiments in the middle.
I went bigger than usual with the card base, making a 6x8 card. And I like the size a lot, so much so that I invested in some 7x9 envelopes for future use. This card base size is do-able with 12x12 and 9x12 card stocks, both of which I have. 
Thanks for visiting today and have a wonderful weekend.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Blue Skies by Irving Berlin
Mellow Yellow and Sunshine Superman by Donovan (Leitch)
Sunny weather
Blue Sky (1994) starring Jessica Lange and Tommy Lee Jones
Little Miss Sunshine (2006) starring Greg Kinnear, Steve Carroll, Abigail Brennan and Alda Arkin
Rainbow colors and and blue sky- my sky/flowers and striped designer paper
Beautiful Spring day on my little part of the Earth
Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival
I've used sentiment stamps from Hero Arts Blessings Stamp and Cut set 
2 striped rectangles and 2 clouds on focal
I've used CL484 Whittle Everyday Sentiments set ("Nothing But Blue Skies")
 

21 comments:

Becca S said...

What a bold and dramatic way to show a meadow of flowers with blue skies!!! Very much Aimeslee's style!!! <3 Thanks for linking to FarmQuest General Store! --Becca

Lisa Elton said...

I like your garden of wildflowers and the fun backgrounds you've given them! This is a cheerful card, Aimeslee. Thanks for sharing it with us at Poppystamps! PS... hope the pain gets better ;)

Arlene said...

I checked out your other card that was similar to this one. They are bright little jewels. Lovely card here. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our challenge this month.

Judy McKay said...

Stunning card. Lots of wonderful details. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT https://avenue613.blogspot.com/

Bonnie Lynn said...

Aimes, I love this card! That BG designer paper is beautiful! I really love the neon color you added and way to go on the sketch. I hope PT goes a bit more smoother for you and a whole lot less pain too. Have a great rest of your weekend my friend.

Pat said...

Beautiful card with lovely flower images and colours, thanks for playing aslong with us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

Pat xx

Donna Walls said...

Aimes, I hope you're pain subsides soon. The therapy is a booger, I went through it with a frozen shoulder and therapy sessions simply drain one's energy. On another note, your card is simply lovely. Thanks for sharing your sweet card with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Judy Woodland said...

Wonderful card, I love all the bright colors!! Lots of fabulous work here, thanks so much for playing along with us over at Can You Handle the Pressure. I hope we see you back again soon!
Judy~ CYHTP DT Designer

wienerhoneymooners said...

I ADORE silhouette FLORALS!!!!!

Lovely Colorful card!
Thanks so much for joining the stay crafty challenge with a blog named hero!!

Pamela said...

thank you for always sharing your wonderful creation with us. this is such a cute and fun card! We always enjoyed your submission at C4Galz

Pamela said...

thank you for sharing this wonderful flower card with us at Sparkle. so many different fun layers!

Jackie C said...

A fabulous "Splash of Colour"
Jackie DT 613 Avenue Create

My name is Erika. said...

I thought I commented on this card but somehow I must have been distracted. I've had physical therapy and been told the same thing. Hopefully the worst means getting better is closer. And I like your song choice to go along with the summer garden piece. Thanks for linking up to TIOT. hugs-Erika

papierelle said...

A beautiful and very atmospheric card. Glad you joined us at the Dream Factory! Gundi

Liz said...

Beautiful card, a lovely design. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month.
Liz xx

~amy~ said...

Beautiful project, lovely details. I hope you feel better soon!
Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero challenge!

Lisa said...

I'm sorry to hear about your tough physical therapy session, but I admire your determination to keep crafting through it all. Your birthday card is simply beautiful! The blend of colors and textures creates such a lovely focal point, and I'm sure it will bring a smile to the recipient's face. Take care of yourself, and I hope your weekend brings you some well-deserved relaxation.

Helen said...

Beautiful - love the colours you've used.

Thanks for joining us at the Creative Inspirations Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Nonni said...

Very colorful and fun! Great that you combined many techniques. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational!

Jeanne J. said...

Beautiful card! I love all the color, that embossed background and fabulous floral silhouettes!

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous card! Gorgeous colours and I love that uplifting songThankyouforsharingatTry It On Tuesday.Hugs, Chrisx