Friday, April 19, 2024

4X6 Weekly Art

 Happy FriYay to all!
I had my MRI and a few other tests this week on my hand.
It's degenerative nerve and joint damage, so I have begun physical therapy and will need to limit certain activities for a while. I also have a finger splint to wear a certain amount of time daily. How I respond to the physical therapy will tell them more about how the neck and shoulder are involved and I understand that, where nerves are concerned it's hard to pinpoint. So, I'm laying off coloring and a lot of typing for the present, but there is lots I still can do, thankfully.

Here is my 4x6 art. I began by using Distress inks to stencil the clouds with a Clarity stencil that had very big round clouds. The stencil comes with masks, so I thought it a good time to try the Masked Stenciling technique. I placed the masks over the upper and lower clouds and then darkened the blues around the cloud lines, then placed the Tim Holtz Rays stencil on top to make the sunrays with Hero Arts neon ink. After all that dried, I used several neon ink colors stamp wildflower silhouette stamps until I was happy with a rainbow look. Finally, I ink-edged the piece with a foam tool and neon ink.
I am linking this to Sunday Postcard Art where the theme is Wildflowers, hosted by Peggy.
I am also linking to Art Journal Journey, where the theme is Geometric Forms, hosted by Valerie, as I see lines of sunrays, half-circles of clouds and several blooms are triangular shaped. And linking to as well:

Thanks for the visit and have a great end of week.
XXO

13 comments:

Lisa said...

Your resilience shines through, even in the face of challenges with your hand. It's inspiring to see how you adapt your creative process, like using Distress inks for stenciling and exploring new techniques. Wishing you a smooth recovery and looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful art when you're ready!

ahlers5 said...

Very pretty! I love how the clouds are masked.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Vibrant and lovely.

Diane said...

Beautifully creative with the bright, happy and cheerful colors!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

My name is Erika. said...

This piece says welcome to a beautiful day. It's very lovely, and with the rain at my house, it is making me smile. I hope it makes you smile too. So sorry to read about the nerve and joint damage. Hopefully physical therapy does a lot of good. Sending good wishes and good energy your way! And have a lovely weekend also. Thanks for joining Valerie's challenge at AJJ. hugs and smiles to you-Erika

Marjan said...

A wonderful and artsy take on our moodboard, The sun shining too! Thank you for joining us at DCL and hope your hand will recover well.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful art as always. I hope the physical therapy will help you! Hugs, Valerie

Bonnie Lynn said...

I'm loving how you extended the sun rays through the clouds. This art piece would look fabulous framed I think.

Gillena Cox said...

This is lovely Aimslee

Much♡love

Nicole Parmentier said...

What a nice take on the liftchallenge. I love the colourfull wildflowers on your card! Thank you for joining us!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a ray of sunshine this is Aimeslee those flowers are really blooming in the warmth of the sun.. definitely need some of those rays sent in my direction. Really beautiful.
Crafty Hugs Tracey xx

craftytrog said...

It's a gorgeous piece of art Aimeslee!
I hope the therapy goes well, and you are feeling better very soon.
Hugs,
Alison

Cornelie said...

Love the bright colors! Great take on the Liftchallenge. Thank you so much for joining us at the Liftchallenge!