Saturday, March 16, 2024

Weekly 4X6 Art: Postage People (plus Dogs)

 Hey there, hope you're all okay.

This week we had to do Postage People, hosted by Sabine for Sunday Postcard Art. And I needed to include some animals for the On All Fours theme, hosted by Chris at Art Journal Journey.
 So, I searched through my stamp collections (postage and rubber/clear) to come up with this stamped collage scene.

This is what I began with, stamping these images on a 4X6 white card. I should say right off, I found this really challenging and it would have been easier had I used digital stamps to size the humans to the postage stamps better. And I should have begun with the postage stamps instead of stamped bodies. Seemed like every person's head stamp I found was the wrong direction or proportion for the stamped bodies. But I eventually found good enough matches.

Work in progress shot. The lady's hand was resting on a line so I used my ruler to draw a fence. I also used a cloud die to cut some masks for the sky.

And the finished piece.
I got to use some very old rarely if ever used stamps and make a pun, which is always in my fun wheelhouse, lol. It's one of those Wheel of Fortune Before and After types where I mashed up two phrases, Spring is in the Air and Air Mail.

Supply List:
The Cat's Pajamas poodle stamps
Pink Cat Studio gentleman stamp
Card n Stamps lady stamp
Lawn Fawn heart stamp (on gentleman's lapel)
Versafine Clair ink
Spellbinders Label die (for computer-generated sentiment)
MFT cloud die (for mask)
Postage stamps (stash)
Promarkers and Colored pencils
😁
Thanks for visiting and have good one!

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Media Used: Paper / Stamping Ink / Colored Pencils / Alcohol Markers / Digital
The image stamps I've used are all either a vintage or retro look

17 comments:

Sabine said...

it turned out fantastic! Thanks for joining this challenge

Rika said...

Great creation!

bockel24 said...

Interesting to follow your steps, Aimeslee. Yes, I always start with the stamp (I have sorted mine by direction) and am searching through my stamps and images then. Usually I find sooooo many suitable combinations that I can´t stop making postage people for a while ... You can even try those U.S. stamps with dog and cat heads on your animal stamps - fun!

Alyson Mayo said...

You are brilliant! That is one difficult challenge and I love how you interpreted it. The drawn fence was a fabulous idea :)

Conniecrafter said...

very creative idea :)

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I like these postage people a lot! That was a clever idea for a postage theme. And those dogs are fun. Being away I am missing mine. I hope you’re having great weekend. Greece is amazing. Hugs Erika

Gillena Cox said...

Happy Sunday

Join my Sunday Smiles link party {every s
Sunday}

here

much🤍love

Neet said...

Never sen a postage stamp challenge but i love this. I think you did so well with it and it is fabulous.
Hugs, Neet xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! What a creative card with the stamps, love this Aimes. Hope Arfur is missing and stays like that too. x

Vicky Hayes said...

What a fun scene you created with the results of searching your stamp collections! Those vintage people are particularly eye-catching and what a clever idea to give them postage stamp heads! Absolutely brilliant! Vicky x

Carol said...

Love this - especially the stamp of our late Queen. Made me smile.
Carol
xx

Sandra Wright. said...

Love your postcard Aimeslee, great images and stamps.
Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving me a comment...xx

craftytrog said...

A brilliant creation Aimeslee! It turned out great!
Hugs,
Alison

Cazro said...

Wow! Your postcard is different, Going to the Tate Modern style. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness I love the image and I love, love, love the addition of the stamps over it to. So clever and very well executed.

Andree said...

A fabulously fun postcard. The postage stamp heads look amazing on their stamped bodies. The dogs and brilliant sentiment are wonderful.
Thank you for joining in with our March challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck! x

pearshapedcrafting said...

You are so clever Aimeslee - a great combination of stamps to make your scene and I love how you turned that line into a fence.
Thanks for sharing at AJJ and my theme, hugs, Chrisx