Friday, March 15, 2024

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Time!

 Happy FriYAY!
Hope all is well with you and yours.
It's the 15th and time for another monthly challenge at Beautiful Blossoms.

Here is our optional mood board for your inspiration, but any blooms will do as long as they are the focus of your project. Please read the complete rules HERE.

PLUS, we are collaborating with the Double Trouble Challenge.
So if you like Twofers, this is your chance!

And here is my inspiration make using a fun fold design.
I made an A7-sized Kick Stand Tent Card, taking as inspiration the pretty purple daisies from our optional Inspiration Board.

 
I found this Splitcoaststampers sketch of a Kick Stand Card to use for my layout design.
And I thought, let's try it!

Supply List:
SU white and purple card stocks
Provocraft Windswept Scrap Pad designer papers
My Favorite Things Rectangle Frame die (the kickstand)
Paper Rose Studio Daisy Bouquet stamp and die
Hero Arts sentiment stamp
Fantasia Versafine Clair ink
Clear embossing powder
Castle Arts Colored Pencils (daisies)
Purple Sakura Stardust glitter gel pen (faux stitching)
Crushed Pineapple Stickles glitter glue (daisy centers)
Sequins from stash

 
On back, more of the Provocraft designer paper and a scrap of SU card stock upon which I stamped the Hero Arts siggie in Versamark and heat-embossed it with white powder.
Inside the card is the stamped sentiment and the exposed card front bottom designer paper.

And a close-up to show the glitter of the Stickled daisy centers and shiny sequins.
The daisies and sentiment were heat-embossed with clear powder before coloring with my colored pencils.
I used my Fiber Friend ruler, an awl and a foam pad to punch holes for faux stitching and glitter gel pen "stitching" inside the paper edge.
First time using my Crushed Pineapple Stickles that I've had for years. That was a bit fun, actually. Fired right up and no bubbles, either.
😁

One last look.
I am quite pleased with how this turned out, in no small part because I love purple with green. Purple (on the blue side) is my favorite color and the green is so clean and serene. 
And perfect for a Spring birthday!
Thanks for your visit today and I hope your day goes well.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Limit 20 Challenges
Birthday
Dies used: Daisies, Kickstand frame
Dies used: Daisies, Kickstand frame
The Hero Arts stamped sentiment (Yummy Treats stamp set) and the Daisies are both heat embossed.
 

27 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful and creative, it's a great fun fold, very clever!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

Donna Walls said...

Aimes, this is such a gorgeous card. The florals are so pretty and I love your color choices, not to mention the kickstand design, which I will be trying soon. Thanks for another fabulous team project for The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Alyson Mayo said...

Gosh, this is so pretty . I love the kickstand idea and the purple flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut it Up :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Absolutelz gorgeous, your cards are always a delight to see. Hope you are keeping well! Hugs, Valerie

Becca S said...

Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful spring blossoms unique fold design card at FarmQuest General Store! Wow! The structure is amazing and you've placed/coordinated all the elements really well for it. As we inch closer to the spring season for the northern hemisphere it's lovely to see garden flowers and wildflowers in nature and also on paper creations! Terrific card!

Lisa said...

Really gorgeous card with the sketch. Love the colors and the beautiful flower. I love seeing the inside too. I don't do enough with the insides of my cards and have been trying to add a little focus to them.

Ilonka said...

A beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Pearly Sparkles Challlenge.
Ilonka DT

Ellibelle said...

Such beautiful blossoms and gorgeous colors! Thank you so much for playing along at I spy with my little eye!

Ellibelle said...

So great to see you at Four Seasons challenge too! Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful creation with us there!

Arlene said...

Really a beautiful card. So glad you joined Die Cut Divas challenge of Anything Goes.

Caroline Cards said...

A gorgeous card with beautiful flowers and I love the stickled centers.
Thank you for joining the Kleuren met Potloden challenge!
Caroline - DT

Kampin' Karen said...

Aimeslee, I have not seen this fun fold before. I'll have to give it a try for one of our fun fold challenges at Creative Creases. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Karen, DT

Angela said...

Thank you for entering this beautiful colored card into the Kleuren met Potloden challenge of March!
The shape of the card is really fabulous.
Angela
DT KmP

Carrie said...

This is such a beautiful, creative card with that kickstand card design and the lovely papers you chose! The purple flowers with those sparkly centers are so very pretty! Thanks for sharing your fun fold card with Creative Creases!

Debbie Mageed said...

Wow, Aimeslee, this fun fold card is so pretty! I haven't seen this fold before, and it's really fun BUT you colored clear embossing powder with colored pencils. Why did I not know that was possible? Please email me if I misunderstood you but I might just have to try that. I just invested in some new pencils and I would love to try this out. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You really have your creative side on Aimes. Another fabulous card, love the flowers and great design. x

Carrianne said...

Beautiful card! Love the papers! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut it Up!

~amy~ said...

What a FUN design. Love that Kickstand Tent card!
Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero challenge!

Debbie said...

So pretty! Love the kickstand!
Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Galz
Debbie - C4G DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card, Aimeslee. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

Hugs, Em
613 Avenue Create DT
Creative Em my blog
Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

Written in Ink Cards said...

I love green and purple, and they are so beautifully combined in this unique fun fold. Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create.

Bonnie Lynn said...

How did I miss this one?? Gorgeous Aimes!! Love your tent card.

wienerhoneymooners said...

FABULOUS fold card! Wow, giving me such ideas!! Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero challenge!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

What a FUN fold - I'd not seen that one before. And - your flowers are wunnermus - the coloring spot on! Thank you for sharing your beautiful project with us this week at the Creative Creases Fun Fold Challenge!

Dagmara Gorczyńska said...

Your card is so beautiful and creative!

Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
~ DT Dagmara

Gale said...

Gorgeous card Aimeslee! Great fold too. It looks great with the beautiful flowers. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Pearly Sparkles Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
http://pearlysparkleschallenge.blogspot.com/

foleysfriend said...

What a fun card! Love the kick stand design and the blooms are gorgeous. Great job with the faux stitching. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

sue n.