Friday, March 29, 2024

Plaid Christmas Blessings

 Happy FriYay, everyone.

I've been busy with design team assignments, but thought I'd share another card I made using an older Gecko Galz collage sheet blog freebie Joyeux Noel. When making this card, I discovered that a Spellbinders Nested Postage Stamp die frames these twinchie-sized images very well, so you'll be seeing it on many of the rest of the cards I made. In addition to the postage stamp die, I've also used a Stamplorations Stitched Blessings word die and both papers were cut using Stamplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nested dies. I ran a white gel pen messily around The Paper Studio green designer paper stitching. The tartan plaid designer paper is from a Tim Holtz Idea*ology paper stash collection.

 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my A2 layout design.

Supply List:
Gecko Galz digital images
SU red card stock base
The Paper Studio and Tim Holtz designer papers
Spellbinders Postage Stamp Nested die
Stamplorations Crazy Running Stitch Rectangle Nested dies
Stamplorations Stitched Blessings word die
White gel pen

The back has more of the plaid and a Hero Arts stamped and punched siggie.

This is the back of the green paper layer and you can see the die cut stitching that I covered up with the white gel penning.

And here you can see the die cut stitching on the plaid layer. You also barely see the stitching on the sentiment die.

And final view.
So as to not totally bore you with these images on cards, I'm going to try to space out my posts for the rest of them.
Thanks for the visit and have a great end of your week!
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:

18 comments:

Becca S said...

I love the little outdoor snowy scenes paired with the plaid and postage stamp die-cuts!!! Great impact with the bright white large letters of blessings, too! Thanks for sharing your country Christmas charmers with FQCCCB! --Becca

Becca S said...

I'm back for FQGS! Thanks for taking advantage of what I refer as double-dipping! Your wintery outdoor Christmas scenes are showcased marvelously!!!

Anita van Deur said...

Beautiful card especially your choice of paper, and postage stamp die-cuts. Thanks for sharing with us and inspiring all of us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge! Anita DT

Lisa said...

Your card using the Gecko Galz collage sheet is absolutely stunning! The Spellbinders Nested Postage Stamp die frames the images perfectly, and the combination of papers and stitching details adds such a lovely touch. Thank you for sharing your creative process and supply list—it's always inspiring to see how different elements come together in cardmaking.

Tammy Fite said...

Love all the different patterns of paper! They are so pretty! Lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Craft Creations!

My name is Erika. said...

I'm combing both of your holiday card posts in this comment since the hubby is bugging me to go get ready for the day-grin. I like how you used smaller images and highlighted them.I like the postage stamped cut around the Noel and the plain cut around the the religious scenes. I still am amazed at how you start your holiday cards so early.It's a good thing and I wish I could get into myself. Have a lovely Easter weekend. hugs-Erika

Betta said...

Very interesting this card. I really like the Scottish paper! 😍
Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
Hugz, Bettascrap DT

Bonnie Lynn said...

Oh I love this one!!! That messy gel pen really adds a lot. I've not thought to do that before. Will have to remember it. Have a blessed Easter my friend.

Dawn Phillips said...

Fabulous card. I love the vintage style focal points. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge. Love Dawn x

Billie A said...

Very pretty card. Love the plaid and the images. Thanks for sharing over at Sparkles Christmas

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gosh you have been busy, since I visited last. What a great Christmas card Aimes, love the tartan background and the "stamps", a great card. x

Leanne said...

Nicely done, great use of the DSP and I like that Sentiment, great card, thank you for playing our Christmas Craft Challenge, and have a great day!

Leanne DT Member/CCC
Christmas Craft Creations

Chana Malkah said...

Beautiful hanger and a great take on the sketch! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so cute. Love the twinchie images! Really like the addition of the stitched die cut and the gelly pen and of course the tartan paper! Thanks for sharing with us over at the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge.

Shirley Gentry said...

Cute card. I love how the greeting pops at you. The plaid background is lovely. It is never too early to start Christmas cards.

Shirley Gentry said...

Fat fingers get in the way of typing. My comment previously was sent before I finished. I wanted to thank you for being a part of the Krafty Chicks Challenge this week. We hope to see you again real soon.

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

There’s just something majestic about using a deer on a project! I also love the postage squares to frame them. Thank you for playing with the All Occasion theme with the Krafty Chicks Challenge.
Diane - KCC DT

Fabiola said...

elle est adorable Aimeslee, merci de jouer avec nous chez ABC Christmas Créations, biz