Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Joyful Winter Wishes

 Hey there. Hope all is well with you.

I'm already behind on my Christmas cards this year, so I thought I'd make one while I played with the Group of Seven Cardmakers technique share. This month it's Masked Stenciling. You apply a paper mask before you stencil and the mask lines become part of your design.

So I cut a piece of masking paper to cover the bottom half of the card front and I used a LaLaLand Lake die to cut the ice skating pond. Then I applied the mask to the bottom of the card and ink-blended the sky and the pond water, using Ranger Archival inks and a blending tool. I chose those inks because they are permanent when dry and I had light colors. I also added some purple to the sky.

Then, leaving the mask in place, I inked the pond with Versamark, removed the mask and heat-embossed it with clear powder. For the sky, I inked a Creative Coach snowball stencil with Versamark ink, then heat-embossed the sky using white embossing powder. 

So, the masked area became the snowy ground. I applied Picket Fence Distress Stickles to the horizon and around the pond. While that dried, I stamped the penguin and the igloo on white card with Nocturne Versafine Clair and clear heat-embossed them. Then I fussy-cut them both out. I colored the penguin with Promarkers, and also added hints of blue to the igloo. Then I inked up the igloo all over with Versamark and heat-embossed it with sparkle embossing powder. I stamped the sentiment with Versamark and white heat-embossed it, then die cut it with a fishtail banner die. Once the Stickles dried, I adhered the penguin, igloo and sentiment.

On the back, I layered a piece of stash card and a blue paper piece that I'd stenciled the snowballs on with the purple ink and a stamped siggie.


Close-ups to show the glittery shine.

Last look.
This is my version of CAS.
Thanks for the visit and have a great HumpDay!
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:

27 comments:

lauren bergold said...

Oh WOW! This is beautifully artful at every level, and such a masterclass on inking and masking! But... I gotta say... those little touches of glitter take the entire thing to the next level! ♥ So pleased you could join our BLING-y fun at Jingle Belles!

Diane said...

Super cute and creative!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful card, I haven't made any cards in ages! Hugs, Valerie

crafty-stamper said...

Great Christmas card and technique for the pond,love the ice-skating penguin and all the sparkle.Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts and Pearly Sparkles.
Carol DT x

Darlene said...

Awesome card and LOVE that background ... great thinking! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN, Peace on Earth & Triple B challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Donna Walls said...

Awesome Winter/Christmas Card. The skating penguin looks like he may be on the verge of doing the splits! I love the added stickles, well done Aimes. Thanks for joining in and sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge. We love seeing everyone's creativity.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

My name is Erika. said...

That penguin looks like he is having a lot of fun. You did a great job creating the ice for him to skate on too. Have a great Thursday!

Alyson Mayo said...

That skating penguin is so cute - love the igloo behind him!

Becca S said...

I love the sparkle of the igloo and shine of the frozen water! What a skillful penguin!!! Cute way to show winter wishes! Thanks for linking to FarmQuest Country Christmas! Artic 'country' outdoors works for us! :)

Becca S said...

Back again for FarmQuest General Store!!! Thanks for sharing your Artic outdoors wintertime card! Great idea! Lots of skillful techniques and products used with this project!

Loll said...

This is so darn cute!! Great card Aimslee. Thanks for joining us at Group of Seven! Loll xx

Written in Ink Cards said...

he is so cute on his ice skates! Thanks for sharing with 613 Avenue Create.

Deanne Saunders said...

Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR 'ROUND and FARM QUEST COUNTRY CHRISTMAS challenges!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Rachel said...

Love that shiny igloo-so fun! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge!

Susan said...

Love the penguin skating on his own personal little rink, right outside his igloo! Such a fun card. Thank you so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!

Bonnie Lynn said...

That's such a cool technique!! I love how your card turned out.

Pat said...

A great idea to mask the shape for the hole in the ice, but which must have some ice over it as the penquin has his skates on and I love the glittery shine to this and the igloo, a wonderful card Aimeslee. x

Lynda said...

What an amazing card - so many techniques. Love the shiny embossing of the water - and the colouring on the igloo really makes it come alive. Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Deanne Saunders said...

Also thanks so much for participating in our 613 AVENUE CREATE challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Lisa said...

Your Christmas card creation is absolutely enchanting! The Masked Stenciling technique has brought out such wonderful depth and dimension, especially with the serene skating pond and snowy horizon. The added sparkle and shimmer elevate the scene beautifully, and your meticulous attention to detail, from the heat-embossed elements to the carefully chosen colors, truly makes this card a delightful festive treasure.

Claudia's kaartjes said...

This is gorgous Thanks for entering you card at Pearly Sparkles Challenge
Wauw,super tof Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Pearly Sparkles Challenge
Creatieve Groetjes Claudia

Mijn FB groep: Claudia's Kaartjes
You tube:Claudia's Kaartjes
Blog:Claudia's Kaartjes
Challenge blogs:
Girlz Creative Christmas 
Girlz makes Guyz Cards
Girlz creative crafts
Creative sketchy girls

pearshapedcrafting said...

Great use of your stencil Aimslee! So now you are on your way to being ready for Christmas. Thank you for sharing at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

JanR said...

Great card! The sparkle is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Deborah Wheeler said...

Fab card Aimeslee - I love that cute penguin! Thanks for joining my Zoology theme at Alphabet Challenge!
Deborah DT

Helen said...

A really cute scene - love the sparkle.

Thanks for joining us at the Creative Inspirations Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Kayla said...

Such a fun card! I love this happy little penguin. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. We hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

Have a good day.
Kayla - 613 Avenue Create DT

Fabiola said...

elle est adorable Aimeslee, merci de jouer avec nous chez ABC Christmas Créations, biz