Saturday, January 20, 2024

Rise & Shine 4X6 Art

 Greetings to all and wishing you well!

I'm the Guest Host this week at Sunday Postcard Art!
The theme is Rise & Shine.

And here is my sample make. I went with humor.
😊
I've had these I Brake For Stamps disheveled and rumpled characters in my stamp collection for many years and maybe used them one time. So once I thought up the sentiment, they seemed pretty perfect for it. Love how the wife is all Tell It Like It Is and the husband is just Confused, hahaha. 

This was Clean and Simple to make.
I first created a black-framed 4X6 base in PSE, then added the top and bottom sentiments using the Text Tool.
Printed it out on white card stock, stamped the caffeinating couple, and colored them with my colored pencils.
(They may look old and groggy, but at least they have nice-looking pajamas!) 
I then chose 2 Tim Holtz Layering Stencils (Hocus Pocus and Bubbles) and stenciled a bit of a background with Mustard Seed and Lost Shadow Distress inks.
And Done!
Hope you can join us this week with a 4x6 art creation of your own!
I plan to put this in a frame and hang it in our breakfast room.
This could be Honey and me on any given day.
😂
Thanks for the visit and have a great day!
XXO

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
New Guest Hosting gig for 2024 at Sunday Postcard Art + Beginning the Day
New Guest Hosting gig for 2024 at Sunday Postcard Art + Beginning the Day
New Guest Hosting gig for 2024 at Sunday Postcard Art + Beginning the Day
Media Used: Paper, Colored Pencils, Distress inks, Stamping ink

24 comments:

Michele said...

Aimeslee, this is a HOOT, what a great card. and a very fun theme for SPA. well done! xo

Anonymous said...

Very fun rise and shine!!!

My name is Erika. said...

I was going to say this could be my hubby and myself too. Hee hee. It always kills me in (some) movies when people wake up looking so beautiful. I know, it's Hollywood, but I'd love to see people wake up and look like your 2 on your postcard. Realism, right? Have a great rest of your weekend. hugs-Erika

Deann said...

A great example card and an original and fun challenge... Thanks

katrin said...

FAB, FAB. FAB and thump up!!!
I love THESE "golden oldies" (and have some from Art Impressions).
Humour is always good in life. :-)))
Have a nice sunday

Gillena Cox said...

😆😆😆

My post card is HERE

Much♡love

dj said...

Rise & Shine!! I love it!! Those stamped images are hilarious!! Thanks for playing along with our "Use something new from your stash" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz. Way to go nailing the masculine portion of our challenge with crazy couple. -Deb Horst, DT #C4G338

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is well done and funny.

Chris said...

OMG Aimeslee this is brilliant. Love your 'morning people' and the sentiment. Thanks for the laugh, and thank you for joining in at Fab'n' Funky
Chris
x

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant postcard art.love the fabulous fun image and brilliant sentiment-I love it and it will look great framed.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles.
Carol DT x

Valerie-Jael said...

This is great, thanks for the laugh! I manage to rise in the morning, but shining - no! Have a fun week, hugs, Valerie

Alyson Mayo said...

That sentiment made me laugh out loud - fabulous!

Darline Maes said...

heel mooie kaart, bedankt om mee te doen, groetjes Darline

Diane said...

OMG, this is great made me laugh out loud, how fun and creative!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

Julia Aston said...

What a great card for all the challenges you have entered with it Aimslee! That couple crack me up - wonderful coloring on them and fun sentiments! The two stencils you used make a great background for them - Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational: Stencils. Julia xx

cass said...

Fun card, thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for our CAS challenge

Carole J said...

This made me smile, Amy - a great take on Rise and Shine. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is a hilarious card, what a fab stamp, love their pyjamas and stance, great sentiment too, love this. I'm here with both my hats on so will say - Thank you so much for joining us in our Funny/Pun challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT

Deborah Wheeler said...

Oh that so made me smile! Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Challenge

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful masculine card.Thanks for sharing at The Male Room

Lisa said...

OMG I nearly spit out my coffee. This is fantastic and what a hoot for the image and sentiment.

Judy McKay said...

I love those stamps and I have them. They have not been out of the box for a long time. Very cute card. THank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this month. Judy DT https://avenue613.blogspot.com/

Sari / Granne said...

LOL, your card is hilarious, made me smile. Perfect sentiment with that funny couble. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Sheepski Designs and best of luck with your entry.
Granne DT for https://sheepski-designs-challenges.blogspot.com/

Crea Astrid said...

You have made a beautiful humorous card. Nice that you are participating in the Kleuren met potloden Challenge.

Hugs, Astrid.