Thursday, January 18, 2024

4X6 Art and Card: Bluebird

 Hey there!
Hope all is well with you.

This week's theme at Sunday Postcard Art, Hosted by Anne is Bluebird. After researching these cute little birds, I looked through all of my files for bird pics I could use and really liked this one from a Gecko Galz collage sheet. I made an all-digital creation with it in PSE. I added my self-composed  sentiment to the collage sheet image using a vintage cursive font.  I centered the collage sheet image on a white layer, then took the red color from the bird's breast and filled in the white around the image with the Paint Bucket Tool. I layered that on a black layer that was 1/4 inch larger and Done! I came up with the sentiment after reading about the bluebird being one of the first birds of late Winter/early Spring, at least in my part of the world.

The image is from this Gecko Galz collage sheet which was in my files. It's not on her Etsy, so I have to assume it was either a freebie or no longer sold. The date on the file is 2016.

Then, I created a birthday sentiment on a copy of the image and printed it out to make this vintage style birthday card.
Supplies Used:
Gecko Galz collage sheet image
Kraft card stock and Blue card stock scraps
Prima A4 Madeline collection patterned papers
Dies: Spellbinders A7 Matting Basics and Labels 17; Avery Elle Signature seals; Impression Obsession Small Birds, QuicKutz Squeeze Flourishes

 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch to make this A7 card.

 
Inside, I stamped Papertrey Ink sentiments with Rhubarb Memento ink on a scrap of Prima A4 Finnebair Vintage collection paper. On back, I lined up scrap strips from the Madeline collection. Felt good to use them up!

One last look.

Thanks for the visit today and have a good one!
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
I really like the A4 Prima paper collections. I can use them to make any size card.
The Impression Obsession Small Birds dies are new (to me)
The Impression Obsession Small Birds dies are new (to me)
Column O: Layers / Rectangle / Free

21 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely selection of patterns and colours. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Diane said...

Oh yeah, you have to love those pretty bluebirds, love seeing them here int eh Spring!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

Anita said...

You're incredible with PSE, Aimeslee! I also like the card with all the mini bluebird circles, and the back of the card is so attractive too!! For me, the back of my projects is almost always an afterthought, lol.

Larelyn said...

Wow! I've never seen this before. So pretty, Aimeslee. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Becca S said...

Wow!! I love seeing this on a cold snowy-still day/week we're having in northern Illinois!!! Thanks for doing the 'not' occasion option now available at Christmas or Not Bingo Challenges! The bluebirds and vintage look go together really well to make your beautiful card! --Becca

Heather said...

What pretty layers - very cool shapes! A lovely bluebird ode, as well - I know we're all longing for Spring! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Heather said...

AND Make My Monday, lol!

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous cards, love blue birds, they are so pretty. Hugs, valerie

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely card.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic and beautiful. I'm also liking this image very much. The back of your card is fantastic striped.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Anonymous was Bethie

craftytrog said...

A beautiful card Aimeslee! I love the birds.
Hope you're doing ok. I'm not so bad thanks, surviving 😊
Big hugs,
Alison

My name is Erika. said...

Your piece is really lovely. Bluebirds are a great choice. I have 3 that have been hanging out a lot at my bird feeder this winter, and it is very exciting to have them. I like your vintage looking bluebird image is beautiful and it works great on the card too. I hope you have a great weekend. Have you warmed up any? We're having a deep freeze this weekend and that's all I've seen for temperatures. hugs-Erika

Lisa said...

This is some really beautiful imagery on this card.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautifully made Aimes, love the red around the bluebird image and the vintage feel. As always with a beautiful insert and back of the card. Hope all is well.
Faith x

Ellibelle said...

So beautifully done!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Another pretty card, Aimeslee. Frosty blue birds indeed. Thanks for joining us again at HSS. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

Pat said...

Beautiful bluebird image Aimeslee and love what you did with it on the very pretty vintage looking card. x

Sue Jackson said...

What a wonderful thing to do by adding scraps to the back of the card. It really takes the card to the next level. Thanks so much for joining our Make My Monday birthday challenge. I hope to see you in the gallery for the next challenge! Sue - DT

Sue Jackson said...

What a gorgeous group of bluebirds and a beautiful way to create a focal image using them. Thanks so much for joining our Make My Monday birthday challenge. I hope to see you in the gallery for the next challenge! Sue - DT

Heather said...

What a beautiful panel!! And you made a very pretty card to go along with it.Thanks for playing with Critter Crazy Challenge. I'm sorry I'm so late in commenting