Saturday, December 23, 2023

FlakeFest Tag

 Happy Saturday before Christmas!

I needed to make a tag for the tag challenges I participate in. The themes are Snow and Festive, so I ended up making this. I love using my nested die shapes when I can for the base.

I began with this die cut layered base of Avery Elle coordinated star patterned papers in 2 blue hues. They were cut with Spellbinders nested A7 Renaissance Jubilee Labels 56 dies. After adhering the layers, I got out my gold and silver paint markers and edged them. Then, using gold and silver metallic gel pens, I went around the base and colored in some of the exposed stars.

After preparing the base, I went to town adhering Quickutz, Art Impressions and My Favorite Things snowflakes, cut from the winter white handmade paper I use for snow banks sometimes. I made the sentiment with Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type alpha stickers on a scrap of the darker blue base paper. I did punch a hole at the top on this one, because I'm hanging it on a free-standing ornament hanger. I bought a tall one to see if I would find it useful in displaying odd sized art like tags, etc. I like it and will buy a few more.

Last look. 
Thanks for the visit and have a great day.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
I used two shades of stars patterned papers and highlighted some of them with metallic gel pens
Inspired by the Christmas festivities, the blues and metallics in photo

19 comments:

Lisa said...

Super gorgeous layering on this paper ornament. Love the colors. Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday season.

Jackie C said...

Just fabulous!
Merry Christmas!
We are always super happy to see every entry in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
Please do come back again!
The very best of luck with your entry.
Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

My name is Erika. said...

I love this tag Aimeslee. That shape is perfect for snowflakes and Christmas. And it's a good reminder to pull out my old stacker dies. Smile. I don't think I'll get to join this challenge unless it runs longer than Tuesday, so I will just enjoy your tag. And hurrah here, the basement is dry and I have washed half of the towels. Some are beach towels (it's what happens when you need boat towels and have a MIL who owns a house on a lake) and some of those towels were my old rags that I keep for moments like a wet basement. Smile. Have a super holiday. Merry Christmas! hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful tag, thanks so much for linking to our challenge at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated! Hugs, Valerie

Diane said...

I love handmade tags and yours is beautiful!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood and Colorful Options!
Diane TSH and CO DT
{Nellies Nest}
{The Sisterhood}

Michele said...

oh my goodness, a wonderful tag! thanks for joining the challenge at tag tuesday and happiest of holidays to you! xo

Makira said...

Beautiful tag, Aimeslee!! 💙❄️💙 Love all the layers and attention to detail. Thank you for playing with us at the Colorful Options Challenge. Merry Christmas!! xoxo Makira

cheiro urgia said...

What a wonderful winter/Christmas ornament. I love the unique shape of your creation, as well as the colours you used. The combination of blue shades with a bit of shimmer is perfect for this time of year, and so are the snowflakes. I like how many different shapes and sizes of snowflakes you managed to squeeze onto your project, and how the other side of your ornament is covered with all those tiny stars. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

Hugs, Veronika

Donna Walls said...

Fabulous tag, I love the shape and all the dimension created with the layering. Thanks for playing along at The Inspiration Station Challenge and supporting us.
Donna xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenges
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Helen said...

Beautiful - such an elegant design.

Thanks for joining us at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Rosmarie said...

Oh wow, this a fabulous tag and brilliant use of the color blue!!! I have never seen one in such a shape!! Thank you so much for playing along with our Dream Factory challenge. Rosi x
Dream Factory
DotMCC

Dawn Phillips said...

This is lovely. Thanks for joining my theme at the Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

Treva said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Treva said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Treva said...

Beautiful tag, love the shape and embellishments!

Thank you for joining us at Cut it Up for our Celebrate challenge.

Treva
https://scrappint.blogspot.com/

pinky said...

Oh Aimeslee your tag is super pretty and so ornate! I love it!! Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday. I hope you get time to join in our new theme of wings this fortnight!
Pinky

Larelyn said...

Love the unique shape. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up challenge. We hope you'll continue to play along in 2024.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Marlena M. said...

I'm a huge fan of snowflakes and so this makes me smile big! Thank you for sharing with us at INkspirational~

Inkyfingers said...

This is such a pretty tag, Aimeslee and such a great use of the nested dies.
I hope you are better now.
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.
Hugs
Carol x